PBC/10 Expander Mode questions.

I'm contemplating adding a second PBC/10, and I'm trying to envision what the setup might be like.

On p36 of the manual, it says that the Presets are in sync, and the Loops page is in sync. Are all Button Pages in sync across both PBC/10s? I'm up against the wall with Button Pages as it is, and I'm wondering if each Button Page is Expanded, or if they are independent.

In the manual, it also shows a proposed setup where:
[PBC #2]:[1-10] flows into
[PBC #1]:[1-10]

Would it be advisable to do a setup where you get 8 sequential stereo loops at the end of your chain by?:
[PBC #1]:[1-6] flows into
[PBC #2]:[1-10] flows into (assuming PBC #2 "Output A and B" and using an Insert cable on PBC #1 "In 7-10"?)
[PBC #1]:[7-10]

I guess you could split out of PBC #2 and back into PBC #1 to re-order the two [7-10] sections to the buttons all line up in the order of the signal chain... but more cabling that way.

Thanks for any insights on this. I haven't really seen any examples, discussion, or videos of anyone using Expander Mode, so it's a bit of a mystery to me, and I don't want to make any expensive assumptions. :)

Honestly, I don't know if anyone has ever used expander mode. If they have, they've never told me about it. Button pages are kind of expanded, when you change pages on one device, the page on the other changes as well. Preset buttons work in a special way as described in the manual, but IA buttons will affect the unit that they're on - The "Loop 1" button on one unit will not affect the other, for example.

You should be able to cable it that way to get the stereo loops in series with each other, I don't seen any problem with that.

Back