PBC-6X Auto Tap Question & Issue

elycartwright

Hi there!
I’ve done some looking around, and I can’t seem to find a reference to my specific issues. If it is explained elsewhere, just direct me there. :)

First, the problem I’m having:
I’m sending auto tap info to a JHS Kodiak. I think I’ve got the macro set up right and the function switch wired up correctly. (Right now just a TS to the tap jack.) I’m using the song & setlist mode too for managing presets and BPM. When I cue the first preset in the song, the pedal seems to get the right tempo, but as soon as I go to another preset in the same song (and therefore the same bpm), the tempo on the pedal reverts to a pretty slow tempo (even slower than the tempo knob setting which is overridden by taps). Switching to another song also seems to send accurate tempo information again (which makes sense since there’s a bpm change), but again, switching presets in the song messes it up.

Any thoughts on solutions or things to try?

Second, my question:
Even though right now I’m only sending auto tap to one pedal, I’d like to be able to send it to two different pedals by splitting fn 1 & 2 with an insert cable, sending tap info over each. Is that possible? If so, can I send different subdivisions from each function port? I’m wanting to send quarter note triplets to the trem and quarter notes to a delay.

I know this is possible with a separate device like the Selah Quartz or Disaster Area Smart Clock, but it seems like it could be possible just with the PBC-6X.

Thanks!

If you have a tap tempo button, check to make sure that Send on Preset Change is not turned on on that button - if it's on, it will send extra taps when you change presets.

I don't recommend splitting the function switch jack to two pedals. Without knowing how the pedals are designed, you don't know if it would damage the pedals.

You can't send different tempos to each function switch, sorry...

Back