PBC and Timeline, delay repeats low volume

Thomas Hopton

Got a weird issue going on and can’t tell if it’s my connections and routing or not.

So I have a PBC, with three of the loops in 7-10 connected stereo (Neunaber Slate V2 via TRS, BigSky and Timeline via Goodwood Audio TRS cables). The pedal in loop 7 is a noise gate and not connected in stereo. These are all going through the front of the amp, no FX loop right now.

Currently running out to one amp, so I have both buttons on the PBC pressed in. (Don’t know if I’m messing something up there or not). Sometimes I play with two amps, but I’m running just from Output A for this right now.

When I’m using my Timeline, the delay repeats are super super low, even if I turn up Repeats and almost max the Mix.

I can’t tell if I have a connection mishap or if running the pedals in stereo through the PBC but going out to only one amp is causing an issue.

I can take some pics and a video when I get home if that will clarify more.

Is the pedal routed in parallel? If it's in parallel, but Kill Dry is not turned on, your repeats would be lower than expected compared to the dry signal.

Is the pedal routed in parallel? If it's in parallel, but Kill Dry is not turned on, your repeats would be lower than expected compared to the dry signal.

They are routed parallel and I don’t believe I have Kill Dry turned on. I’m going to try that tonight. I think I also have my buttons on the PBC incorrect.
However, I saw this on Strymons website. It recommends not turning more than one effect on Kill Dry. So I should do both the Big Sky and Timeline.

Attachments

• E58DB7B6-B9FE-47FD-AB52-B022427C95D7.png
    E58DB7B6-B9FE-47FD-AB52-B022427C95D7.png
    796.7 KB · Views: 0
If the pedals are in parallel, they have to have Kill Dry turned on (if you want the levels to turn out correctly). Strymon's comment might be assuming that you don't have a line mixer that routes the dry signal around all parallel pedals, which the PBC does.

Back