PBC Tap Tempo Button Overwriting Timeline Tap BPMs

Thomas Hopton

Hi all, I'm running into an issue once I've created a Tap Tempo IA Button (only two boxes checked, the Flash Tempo and Update on Preset Change) on my main page. Whichever tempo I tap in, is overwriting the BPMs on my presets even once I move to another PBC bank and revisit the previous bank.
The weird part is that those Timeline presets are set to "Preset" and not Global in their Tap Menus.

I'm not really sure how to correct this and it really defeats the purpose of having presets if it just overwrites the BPMs.

If you're using MIDI clock, MIDI clock will continuously run, broadcasting the tempo at all times. The intent of MIDI clock is for the PBC to be the clock master, with presets on the PBC in charge of the tempo. There's another way to do tap tempo, though:

- In MIDI Settings, set MIDI Clock to Off
- Edit the Tap Tempo button, select Add Action, then select Timeline and Tap Tempo
- In the button settings, turn off Send on Preset Change, turn on Update on Preset Change, turn on Flash w/ Tempo, and turn all other checkboxes off.

That will only send tempo taps when you're actually tapping the tempo button. Changing presets on the Timeline will change the tempo according to each Timeline preset.

Back