PBC10 4.7.0 firmware update problem

jjtguitar

I'm trying to update my PBC10 from 4.3 to 4.7.0 using USB drive plugged into PBC10. The screen is just showing endlessly scrolling text, that is scrolling so fast I can't make out what the text is saying. It might be saying "error" first then more details?
I don't want to remove power or the USB drive for fear of bricking the unit. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can go about fixing this?

I posted this in response to your helpdesk inquiry, but I'll post it here, too, in case someone needs it in the future:

You can turn it off, it won't cause any additional problems. The drive is probably not formatted in a way the PBC can read. You probably won't be able to use the PBC until it gets new firmware, so you can't use it to format the drive.

You'll need a flash drive 32GB in size or less, that's formatted in FAT32. On a Mac, use Disk Utility to do this. You should also be able to do this just by formatting it on a Windows PC. Then, copy the RJF file again, eject the drive, and try the update again.

I plugged the PBC into the USB cable to try to build a preset last night, but ran into some problems.

While I was at it I thoughts I'd update to 4.7 since getting a new MacBook with Monterey... Here's what happened:
- I attempted to back up the PBC first, but...
- The only editor version I could get to open was 4.7 (my PBC is on 4.3). 4.7 showed "connected" to the PBC but it wouldn't communicate with the PBC.
- I unplugged the PBC, restarted 4.7 editor, plugged in the PBC, and clicked on "connect to device" but it wouldn't connect.

I have a new thumb drive coming today, so the formatting info is helpful, but are there any other known compatibility issues with Monterey?

I don't know of any compatibility issues with Monterey, I use it every day.

The 4.7 editor won't communicate with a 4.3 PBC, but depending on the age of the PBC, it might be able to update its firmware. Go to the Transfer / Firmware Update menu and see if you can get that to do the update for you.

I don't know of any compatibility issues with Monterey, I use it every day.

The 4.7 editor won't communicate with a 4.3 PBC, but depending on the age of the PBC, it might be able to update its firmware. Go to the Transfer / Firmware Update menu and see if you can get that to do the update for you.
Good to know. I still have the same ole' red one I got from the first batch you made... probably too old.
QgBW0d3.jpg

Oh, what's the best way to back up my presets in this scenario? The new MacBook won't even open 4.3 editor. Should I back up to the thumb drive, drop that into the Mac and then load the new FW?

Oh, what's the best way to back up my presets in this scenario? The new MacBook won't even open 4.3 editor. Should I back up to the thumb drive, drop that into the Mac and then load the new FW?
Yes, back up to a thumb drive in that case. And yes, that one is old enough that it can't firmware update through the editor.

Back