PBC6X + HX One (Momentary feedbacker effect to a button)

Thomas Hopton

Hi there,

I'd like to have my 4th button on the PBC to be a momentary hold button where it engages a feedbacker effect on the HX One. Right now, I've switched the button from Normal to Hold and then added an action to turn on the HX One and switch to the feedbacker preset. Right now it switches to the preset, but turns the HX One off.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 8.00.45 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 8.00.45 PM.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 4
Set button mode back to Normal (not hold) - you don't need it to be a hold function. (unless you want a delay before the feedbacker triggers)

Then, add the same actions to the button settings. Turn off all checkboxes except Momentary, which should be on. The action should be a CC Toggle, not CC Momentary.

I think that should do it.

Set button mode back to Normal (not hold) - you don't need it to be a hold function. (unless you want a delay before the feedbacker triggers)

Then, add the same actions to the button settings. Turn off all checkboxes except Momentary, which should be on. The action should be a CC Toggle, not CC Momentary.

I think that should do it.
Thank you! I did that and it switches the preset but for some reason it turns off the effect. I read the HX One manual and it says if it's already on, any CC message will turn it off. But I had to send a PC message to switch to the feedbacker preset. Not sure why the effect turns off on the HX One though.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 8.23.28 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 8.23.28 PM.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 8.25.17 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 8.25.17 PM.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 2
CC implementations like that make it hard to control things, because you can't specifically tell it to turn on or turn off, you can only tell it to change.

Maybe the PC is also turning the pedal on? If so, just remove the CC action - maybe it'll work?

CC implementations like that make it hard to control things, because you can't specifically tell it to turn on or turn off, you can only tell it to change.

Maybe the PC is also turning the pedal on? If so, just remove the CC action - maybe it'll work?
Yeah, it's very odd. I have only the PC5 message being sent and it still keeps turning the pedal off when you engage the momentary. I may have to reach out to Line 6 to find out why. Both CC1 and CC4 turn the On switch or the effect on, and when I add those too, it still stays off. It's like the light tries to turn on and then immediately goes off. A little weird.

Make sure that the HX One has the latest firmware. There was a bug in CC handling that was only fixed recently.

Back