Presets not changing on LT display

claxor

I'm noticing that on the display of the LT, the preset names that were uploaded from my Axefx 2 are not changing when I use the DevPC- and DevPC+ assigned buttons (buttons 5 and 6). The LT is always showing the first preset name. (I can scroll up and down just fine on the Axefx 2 using buttons 5 and 6 on the LT, and it displays the new preset on the Axefx 2's own display, it just doesn't change the displayed preset name on the LT display) Hope this makes sense.

Additionally, I am using 'Pages', via the Function button on the LT, and each page name is changing as displayed.

Dev PC-/+ doesn't change the preset on the LT, it only changes the preset on the Axe-Fx. If you want to change both, change the button type to Preset + and Preset -

When I use Preset + and Preset -, the LT appears to be changing things on another midi device I have setup on a different midi channel (Axefx 2 is on midi channel 1, and a Whammy DT is on midi channel 2), and appears to be oddly changing presets on the Axefx 2 (like skipping presets). These LT buttons are not set in the IA Actions to do anything to the Whammy DT. Additionally, I tried entering into the IA Actions window commands to bypass the Whammy DT, but that didn't change the behavior.

When I change the LT back to DevPC -/+, the LT isn't changing anything on the Whammy DT, and the preset scrolling on the Axefx2 is normal.

I'm not sure why this is happening.

It depends on how your devices are defined, and which PCs are sent to each device for each preset. It kinda sounds like you have both the Axe-Fx and Whammy on the same MIDI channel, too. Changing that might fix some of the issues you're reported.

Just checked: No, they are on different midi channels. Changed the midi channel on the Whammy DT, and no button pressing on the LT did anything to the Whammy DT. Changed the midi channel on the Whammy DT back to the setting I had before, and it changed things on the Whammy DT like before. The Axefx 2 has a setting on midi channel 1. It would appear, that the Whammy DT, is in fact set to midi channel 2.

Ok, do a Save As from the editor, save it to the desktop. Then, use whatever you use for email, and attach the rjs file you just saved. Send to support at rjmmusic dot com.

Ok, I did as you recommended, using Preset - & Preset +, so I could use the Axefx 2 preset names on the LT. Plus, on the devices tab, I selected the Whammy device, and clicked Set Preset PC's to None.

The LT isn't causing the problem with the Whammy DT anymore, but I'm not scrolling up and down Axefx 2 presets on the Axefx 2. I just can't seem to get it to work, so I'm sticking with Device - & Device + without displaying the preset name, because that worked with the Axefx 2.

One other odd thing I'm noticing with the LT and Axefx 2 communicating. It appears I need to do multiple presses with buttons.

On page 2 of the LT, I have a page setup to work with a particular Axefx 2 preset. Within that preset, I use some scenes with the downtune feature of the Whammy DT turned on, and some scenes with the downtune feature turned off. (like a 7 string guitar; the rhythm playing is downtuned, but the soloing is normal tuning) So, LT button 1 will have the Whammy DT on, and LT button 4 will have the Whammy DT off, for example.

When I go back and forth on the LT between buttons 1-4 I have to press buttons 3 AND 4 to turn off the Whammy, and once off, press buttons 1 AND 2 to turn the whammy back on.

How do I make it so that a single button press will suffice? Attached is the file.

Attachments

• claxton_2.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
There are a number of ways to do it, but I recommend using only on values and not off values. It'll result in a cleaner solution.

Button 1 and Button 2:
Whammy DT / PC off:None on:55

Button 3 and Button 4:
Whammy DT / PC off:None on:73

This will turn on the whammy for buttons 1 and 2, and turn it off for buttons 3 and 4.

Back