Question about mini effect gizmo

Stevi

Hi guys,

I wonder if I use the mini effect gizmo as a part of the midi units in FX loop, Do I need to let the audio signal go through the mini effect gizmo, or just plug the guitar cable to the amp input??

I have a diagram bellow

Regards

Attachments

• 307866_240931399299585_100001481806767_674075_2108706793_n.jpg
    307866_240931399299585_100001481806767_674075_2108706793_n.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1
Your diagram is confusing as many of your arrows are pointing in the wrong direction. However, the answer to what I think you're asking is yes, you have to pass the audio signal through the Mini Effect Gizmo, or it won't have any effect on your signal. I'd think you would probably want the Mini Effect Gizmo in between the guitar and the input of the Mark V, as the pedals you've got connected to it in the diagram would sound best in front of the amp... then you'd be using the Axe-FX for the signal processing in your effects loop.

The MIDI signal is only a control signal - it sends data from the foot controller to the Axe FX, Mini Effect Gizmo and Mini Amp Gizmo telling them which functions / loops / presets to choose. A couple of things I've noticed from the diagram - you'd want to connect to the MIDI Thru, not the MIDI Out, of the Axe-FX... and you probably won't need the Midi Solutions Thru box unless you've already got it - simply connect the MIDI signal from foot-controller > Axe-FX > Mini Effect Gizmo > Mini Amp Gizmo using the MIDI Thru each time. You can safely get away with chaining four devices without needing a separate Thru box - it's only if you were to want to add another MIDI device or two that you start to get data signal dropping which can cause glitching in the devices.

Hi,

Thank you for your advice.:)

I actually realize my mistakes after I got the real stuff here.

I am now having problem on program the gizmo with the MFC-101.

For the amp gizmo, is quite easy. I can use the write button on the front panel to store each switch I want to turn on in preset.

However, the MFC-101 seems has no such button like " IA store" or " control store". When I assign the IA cc#, the gizmo does not respond at all. And the MFC-101 has two command in each IA switch setting. So I am confuse that should I set them both to the right loop cc# and set the command 1 to turn on the loop ( which is off= OFF, on=127),command 2 to turn off the loop( which is off=000,on=OFF), or just set one command to the right loop cc# and set the command one value to off=000 on=127??

Suggestion??

Many thanks.

I had a quick look in the MFC manual, and in version I have (which is probably out of date), section 5.2.4 "The Save Edits Footswitch" on page 21 tells you how to use the Edit button as an IA store button.

You'll only need to use one of the two CCs per button to control a loop. You'd only need a second CC if you're controlling a second device (or two loops simultaneously).

Back