Question on Songs

dystrust

I'm currently using a FAMC Liquid Foot+ 12, but I'm thinking about switching to a Mastermind LT due to lack of support for the LF. I've read the documentation and watched several videos, and it appears to do everything my LF does with one possible exception. When in Song Mode, the LF has the same preset/bank limitation as the Mastermind; ie you can only access as many presets as you have preset buttons. To get around this, I have a couple buttons programmed as 'Preset Up' and 'Preset Down', and I set up my songs as a list of preset changes meaning that presets I reuse are in a song more than once. Is this possible in the Mastermind editor? I suppose I could copy presets as 'verse 1' and 'verse 2' for example, but I'd prefer to avoid keeping track of duplicated presets.

No problem, there are Preset + and Preset - button types to access all presets, and you can reuse presets in multiple songs.

No problem, there are Preset + and Preset - button types to access all presets, and you can reuse presets in multiple songs.
First of all, thank you so much for the quick reply. It's a nice contrast to the LF where I'm getting help from the community or having to figure out stuff on my own through trial and error. I believe I saw an example of what you're describing in one of the videos I watched, but I'm actually wanting to do something slightly different.

Is it possible to reuse a preset within the same song? For one of my current songs, I have a basic rhythm guitar sound (preset #2) that's used for each verse. With the LF I can go from intro (preset 5) -> verse 1 (preset 2) -> chorus 1 (preset 3) -> verse 2 (preset 2 again), etc. I'm a vocalist in addition to playing guitar, and it's really nice to just click 'Preset +' each time I need to change sounds in a song.

I'm pretty sure you can do that. I think I worked on that for someone a few years ago, but it's not something that comes up very often. Certainly nothing would stop you from setting it up that way.

Back