Reflecting block on/off states on MM interface

Thank you! Here is the file with the changes made per your suggestion. It seems to make no difference whether the "...on preset change" is on or off. 

Attachments

• Nov2016ExperimentRon.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Ron, I sent that file, but didn't hear back. As I mentioned in email, if I use scenes, the buttons seem to update perfectly and quickly. But for presets that aren't using scenes, I still have this issue.

What firmware version do you have on the Axe-Fx? I probably should test on the same version.

Ok, I've been playing with this using 6.01. Mostly, this issue centers around the rules for how one IA button can affect another.

An IA button can change the state of another IA if all of the following are true:
- Both buttons have the same first action in their list
- Both buttons have IA Link turned on
- There are no other features turned on that might prevent it. For example, grouping, momentary, tempo are all things that would interfere with an IA Link

So, if you edit your Lead and the hold-for-Filter button on all of your button pages, turn on IA Link and put the Filter action first in each action list, then they'll update each other.

The fact that tap tempo causes the Filter button to update is a bit puzzling. The update request is definitely coming from the Axe-Fx. Not sure if it's a bug or intentional.

The whole "one IA button updates another" feature is a pretty tricky one. I implemented the very strict IA Link rules to prevent the logic from getting out of hand. Eventually, I want to add actions that are able to turn specific IAs on or off, as well as add conditional expressions to action lists. With the ability to do things like "if X then turn IA Y on", you should be able to handle most anything. But, that opens a huge can of worms. Making that happen will require a lot of planning and care to account for all of the possible side effects of that capability.

Back