RG-16: 2 Amps + Midi Amp?

iceman

I currently have a Triaxis, Roadster and a MarkV (plus a few pedals). I'm running the Triaxis into the Roadster's power amp at the moment. I'd like to control all these amps through one interface (not simultaneously, just be able to switch between them). Looks like rg-16 + mkv cable + roadster cable + midi foot controller may allow me to do this. Just want to double check before I take the plunge. After reading around on the forum I understand I may run into ground loop issues though.

I know the rg-16 can only support two amps through the specialized cables, however it should be able to switch the Triaxis into the return of the Roadster's FX loop and then control the Triaxis via Midi-thru. Correct?

If I were to ever pickup a separate poweramp for the Triaxis is this when it would break down? Or would I still be able to mute the input on the mkv and Roadster while still sending to the Triaxis?

Of course I don't gig with all the amps like this, but I'd like to make it easier to control at home..

Thanks

You can use the RG-16 to selectively send signal to each amp, or to switch the Triaxis into the loop return of the Roadster - no problem either way.

Controlling all three amps (two from the RG-16, one directly via MIDI) will also work. but the Roadster and Mark V will switch at the same time. When one amp is on channel 1, the other will be on channel 1, when one amp is on channel 3, the other will be on channel 3. When the Roadster is on channel 4, the Mark will be on channel 3 with the EQ turned on, etc. If you're only using one amp at a time, it's not a big deal. If you're trying to use them simultaneously, you might need to add a Mini Amp Gizmo to the system.

Back