RG-16 Power Question

rizzo

I purchased the floor model of an RG-16. It did not come with the power supply. If I am running it with a Ground Control Pro and want to phantom power it will it be ok to use a Line 6 PX-2 power supply for the RG-16? It's output is 9VAC with 2000mA. Any help would be appreciated.

The PX-2 (or PX-1) works really well. We recommend them to our international customers because we don't yet have adaptors for non-North American countries and the Line 6 ones are readily available in many countries.

I tried it last night and unfortunately I must've had a lemon of a PX-2. It fried after 2 minutes being plugged into the RG-16. Thought it was the rack but it ended up being the PX-2. I'm a little afraid to plug another in. May wait for the RJM supply before I try it again.

Really??? That's very surprising. We'll ship you one today. If that doesn't work, we'll have to look at the RG-16 and the Ground Control - one of the two may be drawing an unusual amount of current.

Sounds good. I am phantom powering the Ground Control but with 2000mA that should be enough to power it. We'll see. I do have another PX-2 available to me so maybe I will try it tonight. If it takes a crap then I guess I'll know we have a different problem.

I've dont understand what is the right power/ma need the RG-16?
9vac or 9vdc or 12vdc?
Thank Bye Matte23

Proud owner of RJM line mixer and RG-16!!

the unit will work with 9vAC or 12vDC just make sure the power supply you use can supply up to 1 Amp

Actually it's 9VAC or 12VDC @ 500mA or more, but if you want to phantom power a MIDI controller, you need more than that. 1000mA is enough for most controllers, except the Rocktron All Access. With that one you'll need 2000mA. Conveniently, the All Access comes with a 9VAC 2000mA adapter that works quite well to power both the RG-16 and controller.

And the most important thing is: don't use 9VDC!

Back