Rig Problem

RiskyAsBiscuits

Hey guys,

Hopefully someone can help me or has had this problem before. I have an Effects Gizmo being controlled by a Custom Audio Electronics RST-16. I have a tuner in loop 1 for silent tuning (1/4" jack wired tip to ring in return as per RJM suggestion). My issue is that when i go from tuner preset to any other preset on my board most of the time the tuner/loop 1 doesn't deselect and i have to press it a few times (very frustrating!) and the same goes for the opposite if i have a preset engaged and i want to tune then sometimes the tuner/loop 1 doesn't engage and the clean guitar signal still comes through the amps.
Anybody got any suggestions as to why this would be. Can't figure it out.

Thanks

Do you happen to have a Mac or PC with a MIDI interface? It would be really helpful to see the MIDI messages that the RST-16 is sending.

I have a show tomorrow so i will record the midi messages and send them on. I just find it odd that it is only doing it on the tuner preset to a sound preset and not from sound preset to sound preset. It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact the tuner isn't actually returning any signal and just has a wired together jack in the socket would it?

Ok so i think i know what the problem is. I am going from the MIDI out of the Effects Gizmo to the MIDI in of a TC Electronics GMajor 2. When i don't go into the GMajor 2 i don't have any issues. Effects Gizmo is on MIDI Channel 16 and TC is on MIDI Channel 2. I don't see why this would only be causing a problem for loop 1/tuner only though.

Fixed it! :D
Instead of going from the MIDI board into the Effects Gizmo & MIDI out into the TC unit i wired it the other way (Board to IN on TC Unit and Thru to Input of Effects Gizmo) and the problem is solved!
Don't know why it was happening but it's not now so all is good.

Back