Saved .RJS File

JoeS

Hey guys,
I saved the settings from my MMGT/16 on my computer. When I hit open recent it says "Error validating file: Unable to open file". Is there anything I can do to open this file? I can't even find the file on my mac. It won't show up in a search.

My goal is to load the settings of my MM#1 to my MM#2. I just shipped out MM#1 after saving its settings on my computer. I thought I could load the MM#1 settings to MM#2 from the computer, but I can't open the file or find it. Any advice? I thought I could put the saved file onto the flash drive, but like I said, I can't find the file anywhere.
Thanks!

In the Open Recent menu, each file listed should have its full directory path displayed. You should be able to use that to find the file in the Finder.

Here's a screenshot. Any advice?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 7.20.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 7.20.57 PM.png
    490 KB · Views: 3
Try going into Finder and typing .rjs in the search bar. Wait for a second, and it will say "Name matches: .rjs". Click that.

Make sure the search location is "My Mac." If it's the current directory or something else, click "My Mac."

Next, hit the little + icon next to where it says "Search: My Mac" and other options. You'll be given filtering options. Select the first dropdown box (it should say "Kind" or something like that) and select "Other..."

From that list, click "System Files." It's all the way at the bottom, but you can search the list if you don't want to scroll. This should now populate that dropdown with "System Files," and the dropdown box next to it should display "aren't included." Change that to "are included." This will search every file on every drive connected to your computer. I never understood why they changed that default.

Find the file, and single-click it. This will show the path underneath.

My guess is, because the "Recent Files" displays a preceeding forward slash that it's saved on the root of your hard drive (i.e. if you go to Finder, and click your hard drive in the side bar, it's probably there).

Back