Scene +/- for Axe FX 3

Neill00

Is the only way to set up a couple of footswitches on the GT to go up and down through the scenes on a preset to set up an IA cycle, which will only allow us to reach 4 scenes? Or am I missing something really obvious.

To be clear, are you wanting only two buttons (up/down) for your scene access? On my GT22, I have eight buttons, so a direct one-for-one access to all available scenes. I didn’t see any mention as to which GT model you have, and what understandable to limit buttons if you don’t have the GT22. Let us know and we’ll see if we can assist. Lee

I have the MMGT-10 and yes, I’d like to be able to go up and down through the scenes on my axe fx 3. I’m using one patch for most of the night so through scene variation I can cover what I need to and still be consistent. When I select a song it knows which scene to bring up but it would be nice to have access to the other scenes in the fly while taking up the fewest switches necessary. I could copy the patch to 8 adjacent patches and just put different scenes as scene1 for each patch and then I could use patch +/-, but if there’s a more elegant solution I’d like to do that. By keeping it all in one patch, I can make tweaks to the amp or any other block and I’m done. I don’t have to repeat that edit for 7 other patches.

In the Axe-Fx's MIDI settings, you can set up CC numbers for scene increment and scene decrement. Then assign buttons to use those on the GT. They're not hardcoded or listed anywhere, so you have to do it manually. I recommend using CC 1 and CC 2 for them so they don't interfere with any CC numbers we're already using (which is most of them).

Back