Second Output Options

coborgen

Hey guys, I'm trying to set up one of the loops on the mini effects gizmo x to be used as an additional output. I currently run the gizmo within a PBC 6 loop, but within the Gizmo I have an amp simulator pedal and the PBC goes out to front of house. I'd like to use this additional output loop to go out to an amp. Sometimes I may want to place it before or after the amp sim pedal, so having it in a loop where I can change the chain order is ideal.

I noticed if I just plug into the send jack and nothing into the return jack, none of the other effects are coming through (drive pedals in the gizmo) to the amp but they're still audible in the PBC loop. I'm guessing I need to send the signal back to the return jack, but I'm not exactly sure why the send only jack works for sending the signal out but without any other effects that are on earlier in the signal chain. I'd prefer to not have to send the signal back to the return jack because if I can just use the send jack then I can send stereo to two amps, but returning both of those signals into the return jack will take more custom cable wiring that I'd like to avoid if possible.

My question is, has anyone had any success creating a second output that can be moved in the signal chain? Am I thinking about this all correctly (needing to return the signal), maybe I'm missing an easier solution? I'll probably just make an insert cable, send stereo out and send one side to the amp and the other back in to the return jack as a mono return, but if I'm missing a better way I'd love to hear it!

Back