Selecting songs

Victor Vos

Hi,
Just Yesterday I received my MMGT10 and it is as wonderful as expected!
I am still composing the setup. I don't want to use preset buttons, I only use songs.
I read some wishes on this forum about presets as songs, I think I agree.
I use an axefx II and have one preset per song. Now the song menu button would be an outcome but it does not, as you said before, display my current set. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I would like to have a scenes page, much like the default one but I want to exit this page and return to my homepage (global) by pressing the active scene a second time. IA buttons don't do this, I could make presets for it but there is no way to directly select a preset... Is there a way to do this?

I think there will be more questions as I continue to program but for now...
I am already having a wonderful time composing the setup! Thank you!

Ok, I do need to correct the song menu to display songs in the current setlist.

For your scenes page, is it the case that pressing any scene button should make it return to the home page? If so, you should be able to add a System / Page action to each scene button. Group the scene buttons together and turn off "allow all buttons off" - that will prevent the scene button from turning off when you press it a second time.

Thank you! I hope you can arrange the songs to follow current set.

If I add a system / page action to a scene button this action will be performed the first time I press the button.. I want to stay on scene page until the second press.
Or is it possible to link the action to the off state?
For now I just created a "home" button that does it, but a second press on active scene would be more 'chic'... :)

IA Cycle can probably do it, although IA Cycle doesn't play well with groups.

You can use a macro to do some tricks with button states. Create a macro that calls up the desired page. Set it to "Force state to On".

Then, on your button, add a System / Macro action with off:<your macro number> and on:None. This will make the page change only when the button is turned off. If you're grouping the buttons, make sure you have "send off messages" turned off for the group, otherwise you'll get unexpected page changes.

Thank you! this macro did the trick (only after I checked the 'allow all buttons off' option...
Actualualy now when I press my '2' button on my homepage it looks like the MM activates scene 2, then my scene page is activated, then automatically scene 1 is selected (because of instant bank switching (?) which I need because I have no preset buttons) and then from the axfx comes the message that scene 2 is active and here we are. Fast enough to not even notice... Am I correct here?

Ok, I do need to correct the song menu to display songs in the current setlist.
also... If I select a setlist when a song is active that is not in that setlist the MMGT10 starts at the end of that list and I have to scroll all the way back to the start... I hope you can fix this too...

Back