short review

kurtr2

I have been using my Mastermind GT for a week now on tour in Canada at jazz festivals in Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa, Saskatoon, Rochester (NY) and Montreal. I am using it to control the Axe-Fx 2 (FX only), a T.C. helicon voice live rack, a Sound Sculpture Switchblade, and an EHX hog 2. I am absolutely LOVING this thing!! it is so easy to use, so flexible and coherently laid out, very aesthetically pleasing to look at with all the pretty colors, and just a dream to use- i love how sensitive the switches are, you dont even have to press them all the way down, they are so touch sensitive and silent! that is great. and it is so easy to program using the onboard menu system. the Mastermind has put an end to midi programming hell, now its a snap to get things up and running and the visual feedback is superb. I am so happy with this purchase, it has made it possible to easily control all of my gear in an intuitive and musical way.

Now I hope that RJM comes out with a half size version that would fit inside a rack so that i can have both- "A" rig for big setups and "B" rig for smaller gigs where I dont have to pay for an extra bag every flight...

Thanks RJM!

Kurt Rosenwinkel

Back