Signal chain

Rocknroll

Just wondering how everyone else is running their signal chain. What is your line up for Wah, compressor, boost, volume, et? Are you using a wah before everything, or do you have it as a preset? Compressor before everything for all presets or just a few? Booster for cleans? In the chain or just for the preset. Right now I have everything before the PCB. The Wah seems a little thin and doesn’t saturate well. My clean does not boost as much as I would like, so maybe isolate it to the preset? Volume pedal is all before PCB as well. Works ok I guess.
What are you running and why?

Depends entirely on what you're looking for and what kind of music you play. I play rock/country as well as modern worship music at church (very delay/verb driven)....that said, I run:

Loop 1: Compressor
Loop 2-5: Drives
Loop 6: Programmable EQ (I use this as a boost)
Between Loop 6 & 7: Volume Pedal
Loop 7: EMPTY
Loop 8: Mobius (modulation)
Loop 9: Timeline (delay)
Loop 10: BigSky (verb)

My wah is an expression pedal going to the PBC that I use to toggle the Mobius to a setting that imitates a wah. Not as good sounding as a real legit wah before drive pedals, but for as much as I use it, it does the job. My compressor is on almost all the time, toggled off only for certain sounds. My EQ is programmable w/ MIDI, so I can program various levels of clean boost, or make it completely change the EQ curve, all done on a whim via presets on the PBC...I love this flexibility.

Not sure if that helps, but that's how I do it.

That’s cool. I am running my compressor right after the wireless, so pretty much everting is compressed. I am running a Selah Love pedal as a clean boost, but even with full gain off it still has a little hair on it. I think just an EQ for that channel might work best. I just pulled a Prism clean boost that I had pre PBC. I didn’t think it really was doing anything but take up power and board space. I have a real crybaby that I am running pre PCB. I may try moving to a preset so there won’t be any tone sucking going on. ,y volume pedal is pre also. That way I’m not using up extra presets.

Back