[Solved] Basic Midi issue......AXE FXIII Midi Out and Midi Thru

Budro Thedog

So, I had my whole setup working fine until I decided to re-build everything, and now I'm just missing a basic midi issue.

My setup is :

MMGT32>>Axe FX III Midi In>>Axe Midi Thru>>EG>>MEG1>>MEG2>>RG

Axe: Midi Chan 1
EG: Midi Chan 2
MEG1: Midi Chan 3
MEG2: Midi Chan 4
RG: Midi Chan 5

Everything works great with the above setup with the exception of bi-directional MIDI items, like "get preset names" or the tuner display on the MMGT from AXE.

If I shift the setup to the AXE Midi Out (instead of thru), Get Preset Names and the Tuner work great, but, now I can't control any of the effect gizmos or rack gizmo.

I know that messages received at the AXE MIDI IN port are passed automatically to the AXE MIDI THRU port.

But, is there a setting I need to configure on the AXE to pass midi messages thru the Midi OUT port?

Well, maybe I'm not such an idiot (at least for this issue). It seems like the AXE FX III doenst do a soft merge of MIDI OUT to MIDI Thru.

Does anyone have a workaround they can suggest or should I just go buy a midi merge box?

GT MIDI In and MIDI Out should connect to Axe-Fx MIDI Out and MIDI In, respectively. Axe-Fx MIDI Thru should then connect to the other MIDI devices.

thank you so much as usual. As soon as I read it, it makes perfect sense. I was worried about a loop with that, but I guess, as long as the effects gizmos get information from the axe they dont need to have a connection back to the mmgt.

Back