Sorry, newbie with set up question!

BoogieTim

Sorry, loop question - Effects Gizmo

Planning on taking the plunge.
Mesa Lonestar Special with switching mod.

So
Effects Gizmo

Loop 1 - wah
L2 - od pedal
L3 - od pedal
L4 - od pedal
Send 5 amp input
R5 amp fx send
L6 modulator pedal
L7 delay pedal
Cs out fx return
L10 channel switch
L11 drive switch
L12 boost/solo switch

I have I understood it or not?!? :)

That would be fine, although unless you really need to switch the amp's preamp in and out of the signal path, you can connect "Out 1-4" to the amp's input and "In 5-8" to the amp's loop send. Then you have loop 5 free to use for another effect.

Personally, I wouldn't put the wah in a loop (unless it's a rackmount Crybaby) - I've tried it before and found it impossible to avoid tone changes and popping due to the huge difference in capacitance when going through the long cable runs to the wah.

Hi

Sorry, possible change of plan. WHat would you recommend for a dual combo set up? Three pedals in front of both amps, 2 pedals in loop of one combo. I have a midi driven Lehle dual SGS for the combo selection if that helps but obviously minimising kit would be a bonus. Would the mini line mixer be a help in this situation as I'm interested in keeping some of my signal dry through the effects loop.

Thanks, Tim

An Effect Gizmo would be fine for that purpose. Two loops would be used for switching between the two amps, and the rest could be used for effects (in front of the amps or in an amp's loop). You might need an isolation transformer if you get hum (or you could use the Lehle which I imagine has a iso transformer built in).

The Mini Line Mixer would definitely help to get your effects in parallel.

Back