SP1 as Wah with Strymon Mobius

Okey

Hey,

i recently got my GT16 and Effect Gizmo and i love it! But i don't know how to set up certain functions...

I have several analog and digital effects running through the Effect Gizmo. My Strymon Mobius (Loop 10) & Timeline (Loop 11) and EH Cathedral (Loop 12) are stereo in Loops 10-12.
Until now, i used a spring-loaded CryBaby to filter my guitar in certain parts, but now that i put all my effects in a separate rack i would need 20 meters of cable just for the Wah. Since i already have the Mobius and discovered the wah function, i wanted to go with that option.

I setup my SP1 as described in the manual. When the SP1 passes the switch position (on), it engages the Loop of the Mobius, calls the wah-preset and controls the wah (F mid parameter) as it should. But if the SP1 returns to the heel position the Mobius loop always gets disabled. When i then tap another preset including the Mobius on my GT, i have to manually engage the loop via the IA Button, because the preset buttons don't seem to control loop 10 anymore...

What i need is, that when i pass the switch position (off) everything returns to the actual setting of the current GT preset. If the Mobius wasn't engaged, loop 10 should be turned off. But if the current GT preset had the Mobius involved, it should recall the actual preset of the Mobius and let Loop 10 engaged.
In addition i have another problem. When i pass the switch position (on) all the actions are performed instantly, but turning off sometimes takes up to 10 seconds...

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks a lot!!

There aren't any conditional actions at this time - you can't have something happen "if" something else is true. Maybe in the future.

Probably your best bet is to set up your global expression pedal switch settings to turn the Mobius off when in the heel position. Then, on presets where the Mobius is normally on, override the expression pedal settings and change the behavior of the heel position to not turn off the Mobius' loop, but instead change the Mobius preset.

I'm not sure why you would see a delay in switching - there's no intentional delay in there at all. Is the switch position set extremely low? If so, it's possible that it's right at the edge where it isn't always triggering. You could try resetting the switch position to be just a little higher than all the way to the heel position. Remember that you have to read the position on the PBC, then load the settings into the editor to keep that position in your settings file. Also make sure that the pedal is calibrated - if not calibrated, most of the problems happen at the ends of the pedal's travel.

Back