Store & exit and Tuner page

A

andikurnia27

Hi, I have 2 questions:

1. How to make a button to be able to store an edited preset then go back to thetpreset page? I have added 2 action in the hold button action tab:
Button type : IA
IA action :
-System / IA Store
-System / Page page:1
But what I got is the first press & hold did the store, then the 2nd press & hold brought me to the preset page (page 1). I want to have it stored and gone to the preset page at simultaneously when I do press & hold action.

2. When I activate the built-in tuner, I can still access other buttons, it confuses me because it will jump to other pages if I accidentally press other buttons (I programed some buttons to jump to other page), and the display is still showing the tuner, I am lost.

How to disable other buttons when in tuner mode? Or how to make other buttons dismiss the tuner display when it's pressed?

Thanks,
Andi

I'm not sure on the first one...I don't have my PBC in front of me to try it, but I would've thought what you did above would work.

On the second one...I'm afraid that's not possible. You're just going to have to be careful not to press any other buttons while tuning. Sorry.

The first one should work, I don't know why it doesn't. Maybe try changing the order of the two actions so that the Page action is first? Also, make sure the hold function has Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned off. Also turn on Momentary.

As for the other one, I've never tried this, but you should be able to pick a page number that you're not using and clear out the page except for a "Tuner off" button (you can call it whatever you like). Then, on that button, add a System / Page action to the button so that it switches to the new page. Also make sure this button has Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned off and Momentary turned on. When you press the tuner button, it should turn on the tuner, but then switch to a button page that has most of the buttons disabled, preventing accidental button presses.

To get the tuner button to turn off and switch back correctly, you're going to have to do a little extra work. Set the button to be type IA. then add a System / Page Prev action to it. Also, add a System / Macro off:None on:0 action. Turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change, turn Momentary on.

Edit Macro #0, check the "Force State To" checkbox, then set the state selector to "Off". Add these actions to the Macro:
System / Tuner
CC Toggle / Axe-Fx (or Kemper, don't know what you have) Tuner off:0 on:0

Pressing this button should dismiss the tuner and return you to the last button page you were on.

Finally I made it:

1. Store & Exit

Button mode : Hold
IA settings : Momentary
IA action in hold function tab:
-System / IAStore
-System / Page page:1 (or any page you want)

The only minor issue is I don't get a pop up "stored", but it did store the preset and bring me back to preset page (page 1 in my setting).

2. Isolated tuner

Create a button to call the tuner, steps:

Button mode : Normal
Button name : Tuner
On color : black
Off color : any, aside black
IA action :
-System / Tuner
-System / Page page:16 (blank page)

Now on that blank page, I created 1 button to exit from tuner mode in the same button position like above tuner button:

Button mode : Normal
Button name : Exit
On color : black
Off color : any, aside black
IA action :
-System / Preset preset:Same

It brings me back to the previous Preset when I activated the tuner.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first one should work, I don't know why it doesn't. Maybe try changing the order of the two actions so that the Page action is first? Also, make sure the hold function has Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned off. Also turn on Momentary.

As for the other one, I've never tried this, but you should be able to pick a page number that you're not using and clear out the page except for a "Tuner off" button (you can call it whatever you like). Then, on that button, add a System / Page action to the button so that it switches to the new page. Also make sure this button has Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned off and Momentary turned on. When you press the tuner button, it should turn on the tuner, but then switch to a button page that has most of the buttons disabled, preventing accidental button presses.

To get the tuner button to turn off and switch back correctly, you're going to have to do a little extra work. Set the button to be type IA. then add a System / Page Prev action to it. Also, add a System / Macro off:None on:0 action. Turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change, turn Momentary on.

Edit Macro #0, check the "Force State To" checkbox, then set the state selector to "Off". Add these actions to the Macro:
System / Tuner
CC Toggle / Axe-Fx (or Kemper, don't know what you have) Tuner off:0 on:0

Pressing this button should dismiss the tuner and return you to the last button page you were on.

Yes, for store & exit I forgot to put momentary. For the second one I did a simple trick without macro, still need to learn how to use macro.

Thanks!

But for the Store & Exit, I didn't get "Stored" pop-up, any idea?

Back