Tempo Question

shoelesscraig

Ron,
I have a tempo question (or two)....not sure it it's me or a bug...I typically never use the PBC for tempo commands, I do everything inside the Timeline, but occasionally I would like to use it.

When I have MIDI clock on "master" and all songs set to 0 BPM all is well, no tempos are sent. I'm having 2 issues. (I use song/setlist mode by the way). When I set 1 of my songs to have a tempo of say 60BPM, when I get to that song it works fine, tempo goes to 60, however if I access the Global preset (2nd press of preset buttons for me) while I'm on that song it still sends the tempo of 60. Is that normal? For me Global is an ambient sound that I do NOT want the tempo sent for.

To fix the above I tried just setting the tempo to 60 for the preset I needed instead of the song. That seems to work and fixes the Global issue. For this particular song I only have 1 preset, but if I needed 4 or something I guess I'd have to program all 4 presets for 60 BPM? Wish there was a way to specify whether or not the Global is affected by tempo clock regardless of song BPM.

My next problem is, I have a TAP tempo button. If all song and preset BPMs are 0 but then I'd like to tap in a tempo while on a certain song, it works fine, but then when I change to another preset within that song, it seems to keep sending the same tempo (even though I'm on a song with a 0 tempo and just changed to a preset with a 0 tempo). Same thing happens if I change to the Global after tapping that tempo in.

2 issues that are kinda similar, but not exact. What am I doing wrong? Or do I expect something different than the way you designed it?

I have my global preset set up the same way, but I don't think I get a tempo message when I go to it. I'll test it tonight and let you know.

Just so you know, I don’t get the pop up on the screen when I go to the Global that tells me BPM. I just see he pedal move from the BPM it was at down to the 60 BPM. In other words, it’s still sending the tempo to the pedal, but the only way I know that is by looking at the delay pedal and watching the tempo change.

Ok, I'll investigate this. I'm working on tempo-related stuff for 4.0 right now, so the timing is good. (pun not actually intended, but I'll take credit anyway)

Thanks, I was actually wondering when we may be seeing the next version...soon I hope! Sounds like you may be adding some good stuff for it.

Back