Trouble updating FW

toasterdude

I just got around to DLing the latest 1.4. When I unzip it it shows as .rjf file? Will not load on GT. Changed suffix to .rjs and get unable to load message?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks and Happy New Year to all!

Nevermind. . . doh. . . .in my drunken stupor I read the section on loading settings instead of FW. . . .. duh. Haven't even started drinking yet. . . .

Damn. I now put flash drive with FW in USB and booted while holding down two soft buttons. When the preompt came up I let go and now the display is just scrolling rapidly with what looks like gibberish flying by? Not thinking I have seen that before?

That's definitely not something I've seen happen before, but I would recommend trying it again. This time, power up the GT holding the two buttons, but don't plug in the flash drive until after you see the "Mastermind GT Bootloader" prompt.

There's something going on between the bootloader and certain flash drives, and I'm working on the problem. In the meantime, trying repeatedly has worked for everyone I've heard from. Sometimes it's as many as 8-10 times, but it does eventually work.

Just tried that. Loaded error message without endless scrolling so I could read it. Said not a valid FW file or something similar. Was using the RJM branded flash drive. Unplugged it and plugged into macbook pro. Erased file and Downloaded again from RJM forum. Previous attempts were done on windows 7 laptop. Tried booting then adding flash drive once bootloader was ready. Worked perfectly.

Maybe unzipping on windows box somehow corrrupted the file?

File downloaded from same place. Multiple tries on PC.

Same flash drive used.

The version downloaded, unzipped and copied on mac worked. PC not so much.

I should have tried it booting up standard way with flash already installed to see if that would have worked.

All appears well now. Thanks!

Back