Two drive signal paths

middle_pickup

I'm looking into running two independent drive signal paths for my two stereo amps. I normally only play one amp, and the pedals in the first 6 loops of my PBC are all set for my main amp which is a Vox AC30/6. I use various amps when I play stereo, and I find that not all amps like these pedal settings that I need for my Vox. The end result is a L channel that has the tone I enjoy, and a R channel that doesn't really stand its own in comparison.

What I would like to do is build a Pedaltrain nano-sized board with just drives for the stereo amp, but I want this independent signal chain to be processed as the R channel of my stereo effects. How would I achieve this sort of signal routing? Is it possible?

It's possible with some external boxes or cables, but there are a few details that are important. What's in loops 7-10? Are those effects stereo? And, are you planning on manually switching the other effects, or is there going to be another switcher?

It's possible with some external boxes or cables, but there are a few details that are important. What's in loops 7-10? Are those effects stereo? And, are you planning on manually switching the other effects, or is there going to be another switcher?

All loops are stereo and parallel. When I use the Flint, I kill the dry signal from the PBC.

7 - Strymon Deco
8 - Strymon Timeline
9 - Eventide H9
10 - Strymon Flint

I would use a small MIDI switcher for the second drive chain. I expect that I should split my naked guitar signal with a buffer splitter with an isolated output. Will this require a transformer? How do I connect the new signal path to the stereo effects?

Back