USB Ground loop lift?

Piplodocus

Hello!

When using the editor and USB is plugged into my PBC/10 I get a load of noise when on higher gain sounds. Sounds like classic ground loop kinda noise. All gone as soon as I disconnect USB. Generally not the end of the world because I can leave my amp on a clean channel or mute it, or just unplug USB, poke about, then plug it back in if I want to make more editor changes. But would be nice if I could stop the noise somehow and just leave USB connected all the time I'm editing. I could also then have it connected as a MIDI out from my computer to the board for more things, so I could use the PBC as a MIDI out and send MIDI clock from my DAW to the board or use the Meris Enzo editor via PBC USB MIDI.

Anyone else experienced this? Any good workarounds? Can I buy some kind of USB isolator/ground lift or something?

I can see some kind of USB isolators exist and are available on the internet, but wondered if anyone has any experience with them, and that they'll definitely fix the noise and/or will work for data transfer still!

Cheers!

USB isolators are the best solution for this. They sell a few on Amazon. The one that I currently have is no longer made, but any USB 2.0 isolator should do the job.

Back