USB Issues on PBC 6/X

PianoMan

I've recently started having issues connecting my PC to my PBC 6/X via USB. In the past I've connected the PBC to a hub on the underside of my board and have had zero issues. A week or two ago, I suddenly started having some connectivity issues that have continued to this day. The editor will detect the PBC, but any time I try to read data from, or write changes to the PBC, it gets to around 6% completed and completely freezes up. Without fail I always have to restart the program, and often power cycle the PBC. I've been able to send full settings overwrites to the PBC, but I usually can only do so once before the program freezes and I have to restart everything. Has anyone ever experienced this before and found a solution?

Things I've tried thus far:
- Different USB cables
- Plugging the USB cable directly into the PBC

I've heard of this problem affecting a few people, but have never seen it happen in person, so I've never been able to diagnose it.The next thing to try would be a different computer. You can also send it in to me and I'll find out what's going on.

I just tried it on a different computer with pretty much the same results reading data from the PBC (it got to 28% before freezing instead of 8%).

I'm open to trying any ideas you have, but I can send it to you if need be.

Back