Using loops 7-9 with micro mixer

I am setting up the micro mixer to work with my PBC/6x per the instructions, but may want to use loops 7-9 for additional pedals. Are there any considerations here, since the returns on 4-6 are left open? Do I need to do anything with those open return lines (since I’ll be using splitter cables)? I am guessing i can still put loops 7-9 anywhere (in front of or in the FX loop of my amp) via the switching, but want to know if anything additional is required. Thanks!!

There will definitely be an issue - as soon as you plug something into a loop return, it will no longer act as a splitter for the line mixer. This applies to split stereo loops as well. This feature is a mechanical feature of the jack, so it will always affect both loops in a jack when the loop is split.

You'll need to keep the loops together so that you use both split loops on a jack for the same purpose. For example, loops 4 and 7 for series effects and loops 5, 6, 8 and 9 for sending to the parallel effects.

Would it be worthwhile to use the mono loops 1-3 to feed the mixer and rearrange the order in the switcher so they are in the FX loop part, so that I don’t have complications with the split stereo loops 4-6, 7-9?

Would it be worthwhile to use the mono loops 1-3 to feed the mixer and rearrange the order in the switcher so they are in the FX loop part, so that I don’t have complications with the split stereo loops 4-6, 7-9?
Yes, that would be a good idea to avoid conflicts.

Back