Using Mini Amp Gizmo with different amps

AdeWalker

I may be over-thinking this, or missing the point somewhere, but here goes...

Let's say I want to use my rack (containing my Mini Amp Gizmo) with several different amps - not at the same time, but for different occasions/gigs as appropriate. For example, for one gig I may use my Dual Rectifier, for another my Mark V, and for another my Blackstar.

Obviously, the configuration of the MAG is different depending on the amp, and let's say I have the approriate interface cables for these amps (I do, BTW). Now, I can envisage a situation where selecting a patch from my floor controller sends a specific PC number to my G-Major 2, but I want different amp channels/loop/reverb switching depending on the amp I'm using. For example, let's say for this particular patch when using the Dual Rec I want Channel 1, but when using the Mark V I want channel 2.

What's the best way to deal with this situation? Configure the MAG for one amp, backup its configuration (assuming that's possible) to my Mac, and then start with a clean slate for configuring the next amp etc, and then load up the configuration to the MAG for each gig depending on the amp to be used? Alternatively, should I just take advantage of my floor controller's capabilities and send two different PC's, one for the MAG and one for my G-Major 2?

As I stated earlier, I'm sure I'm missing something very simple here. Any enlightenment most welcome! :)

Hopefully others will chime in here, but what I've heard most often is using different banks on the controller for each amp. Arrange them the same way, but program them differently for the channels you'd like to use for each amp.

Back