Using PBC with Jackson Audio Bloom V2 (MIDI)

Have a question- I'm currently using the midi features on the Jackson Audio Bloom V2 with my Mastermind PBC10. I've have it working with cycling the compressor types and bypassing/enabling the buttons. However, I when I make a change and save, the pedal state is not saved. I have to manually go into the editor software the PC and CC messages every time. However, with other pedals, like the Chase Bliss Audio or Strymon stuff, all I have to do is save the preset on the RJM and those device states are saved. Any thoughts or pointers? Is it possible to save the device state on the fly in presets just on the RJM by simply changing and saving?

I've attached a backup of my Mastermind if it needs to be referenced!

Attachments

• Mastermind 4:16:20.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
My guess is because you have all the Bloom buttons set to momentary -- try turning that off. I would think that the button needs to be able to register an on or off state to save within the preset like you're describing (I have a Bloom too)

Turn on Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on the buttons you want to be able to save and recall state.

I was going to start a new thread before I saw this one... I'm having a separate issue with the Bloom in my PBC, where the signal is cut drastically unless the volume on the pedal is nearly maxed out in order to match the bypass level. I'm guessing it has something to do with how the buffer on the bloom interacts with the PBC because, before I programmed the pedal to true bypass, I was having the same issue with the loop engaged/pedal off. But toggling the PBC buffers doesn't seem to make a difference...

To test, I tried the Bloom outside of the PBC and there are no issues. It's just when it's in the PBC loop that the signal loss occurs. Has anybody else dealt with this issue? Any advice?

Have you tested your cables? I can't count how many times problems like this were traced to cables that had a partial short. Have a look at the "A Note on Making Cables" post in the Effect Gizmo forum. The second post gives detailed instructions on testing cables the right way.

The black stuff is important. If the cable didn't have it at all, you can end up picking up noise when you move the cable around. But, it sure causes a lot of impedance problems - it's generally something everyone learns the hard way at one point!

Hello!

I just finished assigning PC and CC to control my ASABI pedal and BLOOM V2 by dedicating page 4 for both.
Would there be a way to control the Bloom value with an IA increase and another decrease?

Attachments

• TEST STEP.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Hey I've been messing around with the Bloom boost expression control as well, and I've got it set up to activate it and control it. However, I have a noise issue. When I use the exp (I'm using a Dunlop Volume X Mini), it alters the boost sporadically as well as making a sound like you might hear with changing radio stations with one of those old dial FM radios. I did some research and went inside the pedal and flipped it to "Ring" as well as ensuring that the Bloom v2 is in Buffered bypass. Any other ideas?

Also, I had to turn off Master Midi clock because apparently the Bloom can't handle it and it puts a crap ton of noise on the line. I guess it could be cables, but I kind of doubt it. I'm using shielded Mogami.

Sounds like the MIDI part of the pedal may not be shielded enough from the audio part. I can now say from personal experience, that that can be pretty tricky to do.

yea, short of putting a filter inline before it reaches the Bloom, I'm going to have to resort to using CC Toggles for tempo I think. Which I guess is fine right? I mean will I even notice a difference? All I'm trying to do is keep my Nemesis and my DIG in sync. So theoretically, if I use the Autotap method, it should work?

It should still work. The main difference is that MIDI clock is designed to keep your devices from drifting out of sync over time. But, in practice, that probably doesn't happen much with modern effects.

Is there a way (short of using MIDI clock) to get each preset within a song to resend the auto tap? I'm finding that without Midi Clock, it only sends auto tap to the first preset you select in a song. This poses a problem because most of my nemesis preset have arbitrary tempos saved and need to be tapped in when called.

Is there a way (short of using MIDI clock) to get each preset within a song to resend the auto tap? I'm finding that without Midi Clock, it only sends auto tap to the first preset you select in a song. This poses a problem because most of my nemesis preset have arbitrary tempos saved and need to be tapped in when called.

There isn't a way to do that at this time, sorry to say.

Back