Using Phantom Power adapter and other midi effects with a kemper

Tim Womble

hey! im running into a scenario and could use some help.

im using a mastermind GT-22 with the 7 pin midi cable phantom power adapter going into a kemper. i want to also include a couple strymon pedals in this midi chain, but not sure how to wire everything up :( seems like the "to midi in" and "to midi out" connections from the phantom power box are required to control the connection with the kemper. anyone have any insight on the proper signal chain?

hi ron!! preferably on the floor near the GT, but it doesnt particularly make a difference! i won't probably be changing them after they are set.

If you have them near the Kemper, connect them to the MIDI Thru on the Kemper. If on the floor with the GT, get an adapter cable (from Best-tronics or the like) that will allow you to use the Remote In on the GT as a second MIDI output and connect that to the pedals. Be sure to turn on bidirectional MIDI and set the MIDI port to Remote In for the Strymon pedals, if taking the latter option.

thank you! i had it set up through the midi thru option and it wasnt changing anything :( are there any specific settings that need to be enabled in the MMGT software to make it work?

Have you tried connecting the pedals directly to the GT to see if it works that way? That would tell us if the GT is set up correctly.

Back