Versions 1.2 and 2.0

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
We're getting to the end of 1.2 development, thankfully. I just squashed another nasty bug that was causing major headaches for some. I'll probably post the final version up by the end of the week unless some other major issue pops up.

The 1.2 release was really fragmented, with lots of beta releases because I wanted to get some features out to you ASAP. I know that the rapid pace of releases was annoying to me, and it probably was to you as well. I'm hoping we won't have to do that again.

There are a few features that I deemed to be too complicated to make it into 1.2. These ones would have delayed 1.2 a lot more - they're going to take time to implement and even more time to test properly because they require changes to the way the GT stores its settings and also to the some of the core MIDI sending code, both of which are things that really can't afford to be broken!

The main features are:

- Page per preset - allowing you to define a different button page for any or all presets
- Allowing presets to have overrides for the external switches, like there are for expression pedals
- MIDI clock in/out support
- Advanced Kemper support (bidirectional, tuner, etc.) - thanks to the fine folks at Kemper!

I'm sure there will be more, but these are the ones that I'm expecting will take the most time. I know we're still missing some requested features, and I hope to get to them all eventually if possible. If you have favorite features you'd really like to have, it' wouldn't hurt to post the requests again in this thread so I can keep track of what's important to everyone.

If all goes well, I'm hoping that 2.0 will be done before the end of July. Not sure at this point, but will do my best!

Yes, it can be a master based on tap tempo, can receive clock, and can pass it on to the next device(s) in the chain.

rjmmusic said:
Yes, it can be a master based on tap tempo, can receive clock, and can pass it on to the next device(s) in the chain.

And if we do not tap in tempo it will pass a predetermined temp along the chain? lol
As in each preset can have it's own tempo?

Either way, great news. With the Axe, POD and Adrenalinn the only one that can send clock is the Adrenalinn but that is usually last in the midi chain, so looping that out back into the Axe or GT would be a pain.

hmmm. . .since you are already doing soem way cool bi directional midi with the Axe, could the GT read Axe tempo and send that out to all other devices unless over ridden by a TT?

We probably could - the Axe reports each beat to the GT, so we could convert that to MIDI clock and send it along. It would be the same process as handling a tap tempo button.

rjmmusic said:
We probably could - the Axe reports each beat to the GT, so we could convert that to MIDI clock and send it along. It would be the same process as handling a tap tempo button.

That would be killer. Rather than trying totap in the tempo to send to drummer's click just read tempo from patch. Of course we have the option for TT. Great!

Back