Volume/Wah on one expression pedal w/G-Major-2

Meanoldfireman

SO I'm using a 22 with a Mission RJM expression pedal to control a G-Major-2 in the effects loop of a Demeter TGA-3a.

I have use the G-Major's Global Input level controlled by the Expression pedal as a Volume pedal.

I want to be able to switch to using the pedal as a Wah on a couple of presets. I set the switch on the Mission to shift the pedal group and toggle on/off the filter block, but it doesn't work. Can this be done with G-major-2, or do I need to dust off my Vocano volume control?

You aren't able to have the pedal group shift and have the filter block turn on at the same time with a single button press. One is the button's main function, one is the button's IA function. A button that has both set will shift the pedal group in normal mode, and will switch the pedal group in IA mode.

For testing purposes, I recommend creating a second button that turns on the filter block, then use it to turn it on. Next, see if you can shift the pedal group to control the filter and see if it does anything.

The second button thing was only mentioned as a test to make sure we knew what the problem was. However, you do have a point, you could use the switch as two external switches set to two different functions... You might not even need a DPDT switch - it may be possible to just connect the tip and ring together on the jack inside the pedal. I'll try that and see what happens. I have to make sure the LED can handle it.

I did test it with another switch. (The pedal switch initially did not get made by pushing pedal all the way forward, but an adhesive rubber pedal foot fixed that.) I'll test it with two switches before I pull the pedal apart. Unfortunately, I won't have the rig available and have the time to play with it for a couple of weeks, but I know what to try next. Thanks, as always.

Back