Weird squelchy noise on loop engage...

middle_pickup

I have this weird issue with loop 9 on my PBC. Anytime I engage loop 9 (Eventide H9) I get this very loud squelchy noise. It's a very short percussive noise. Simply awful for transitional moments in my sets. I use the H9 as a reverb mostly. Not sure if that matters.

I think the issue only happens when I'm switching from a preset without the H9 loop active to a preset with the H9 loop active.

I will include my latest .rjm file. I'm on the latest PBC firmware, and the firmware of my H9 is updated as well.

Attachments

• Mastermind March 2018.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Try these things:

- Switch loop 9 manually, does it make the same noise?
- If so, unplug the pedal from loop 9, try again. Does it make the same noise?

Last edited:
Try these things:

- Switch loop 9 manually, does it make the same noise?
- If so, unplug the pedal from loop 9, try again. Does it make the same noise?

It doesn't do it when selecting the loop manually. I think it's only doing it when I select a patch that switches the H9's preset via midi AND engages the loop. Could this be the cause?

It doesn't do it when selecting the loop manually. I think it's only doing it when I select a patch that switches the H9's preset via midi AND engages the loop. Could this be the cause?

It's possible, I suppose. I recommend playing with the PC numbers that are being sent to the H9 to see if it's a specific preset that's causing it.

Back