Wet Dry Wet Rig with original RG16

rustyshed

Hi everyone,

I am using the original RG16 and am looking to use it with a W/D/W rig.
Gear I am using is Egnater Renegade, Digitech Gsp1101 & Lexicon Mx300 & Matrix GT800FX.

I would like to incorporate the Rg16 with these items to create a W/D/W rig, but not sure how I should set this up; any help would be much appreciated.

I know you can still download a wiring connection diagram off the the Rjm site and if anyone could use that to illustrate the correct wiring it would be very helpful.

Thanks

Rusty

Here's a diagram I did a while back. It only has one effect shown in it, but you can put a second one in loops 7 & 8. Where it says Hotplate, you can just as easily use a Suhr Iso box.

Attachments

• RG-16_4Pdl-1Wet.pdf
    362.5 KB · Views: 388
Rjmmusic thank you for your reply.
Yeah that kind of helps.

I am using a Digitech GSP1101 with the 4 cable method for effects before and after my amp heads preamp stage.

This is my stereo rig setup,

Guitar - rg 16 - gsp1101 (4 cable method) - amp head

Amp head fx send to rg 16 - (loop 5- gsp1101) - rg 16 - Amp head fx return

Now I am taking the right fx send from the gsp1101 and feeding it to power amp for my stereo image.
It works fine and sounds great.

Now I have tried taking a extra tap from the signal from the RG16 but I am getting noise.

How can I route this differently to get a w/d/w rig.

Thanks in advance

If you want the shortest path to W/D/W, then simply run the left and right outputs of the GSP1101 to your power amp. Plug nothing into the return of loop 5, and plug the output of loop 5 into the amp's return. Loop 5 will activate the wet side, and the amp will always get the dry signal.

You won't get any power amp tone in your wet signal (that's what the Iso box or Hotplate is for in the diagram), but it should still work very well.

Thank you, that is the most obvious signal path to run and I didn't see it lol.

"Can't see the wood for the trees"; comes to mind haha.

Thanks again for the advice, I will try it and post my results.

Cheers

Well I tried your suggestion but I am getting a bit of noise form the dry head amplifier, its more of a squeal.

I use a Ebtech Hum Eliminator to stop any ground loops in my rig, so I am not sure what is causing this noise.

Any suggestions?

Does the noise go away when you disconnect the GSP1101 (either from the RG-16 or from the power amp)?

You could try feeding the Post- section of the RG-16 (ie into the effects return) from the line-out of the amp rather than the FX send if you're running W/D/W. Might not make a difference, but it's worth trying - it's possible the audio ground is at a slightly different level or something (I had that issue with one of my Peaveys). I remember when I was running my GSP1101 in a W/D/W setup it took a bit of time tweaking the routing, different cables, switching the ground lift on the RG-16 etc to get it sounding the best. I even tried using the ART equivalent of the Ebtech hum eliminator, although in the end I found it didn't improve things and was just another potential point of failure.

Back