When 22 buttons aren't enough…

Roadrunner

So I have the RJM22 doing the job well but I had this voice in my head keep on telling me "you need more"…

these 4 x ext. switches where something I had to try and there are some nice double footswitches available out there but decided to custom made my own external footswitch expansion as I could not find something out of the box that will do exactly what I want and will look as I want (specially with the space problem I have over my pedalboard).

So I ended up designing a small circuit that will do the switching for the RJM + having a LED circuit changing colors when clicked.
The pedals are powered from the RJM 9v outlet and each pedal has 2 switches / LED's, when the LED is going RED, it is engaged.

I'm using momentary as I wanted to have the ext. pedals to control only momentary functions, in my case Volume increase / decrease (left pedal) and Bank up / down on the right pedal.

It turned out perfect! I still have to play a little with the blue LED pedal as it too strong so I will use another resistor to take the light power a little down, also heaving these 4 switches externally, it actually free 4 buttons on the RJM so I can have more control / FX available on the RJM.
The beauty here of course is the flexibility of the RJM, doesn't matter which pedal you plugged to either sockets, you can decide via the editor which switch will do what, works like a charm.

If any of you guys like the idea and would like to have a set like that, please PM, I might run a small batch pf these pedals if there will be enough interests from users.

Thanks.

y4mMsF1qep6BTpXCR-lVxQdSUgol-l5ySi0ibvcxUVXFalhSHsdRsLzq2zCfozz6RkRNNhrL6Ck3xDMnMdgp9wPe1Wsj9On9ijtdkpJ3e77HsZGEzdY6yMdD3a63cluSmsWvpqGgdHzwTM7PkeIa_cvkuF9JmCxMCdB32Ctr-sNsicLqnXt_1K9wyRjYxmlp4jR3tRBadx36436-IfsUN3ZIw

y4mB-lptHXLyHQdlS6DyDiDzk7NcQNWtT4ZPnVcVucFRQXyqAOkJQraEyFHpSYy9Sw90dGpEyOQc6wcDNIoXtPXZE9REgIsjnJJv8QKR4-gF6EEohocaitwBcHDDbwoyRs-37mKTO-Uaf8AvwPdVc4SpK9M3i6X_DBorfEXs8WAItZBz69B6PVHiLfEpLtVleu2Tq2SGEx9gwOm7kgwrNVVSA

Last edited:
Back