Will the Effect Gizmo plug and play nice with the MFC-101?

isvoid

That is, will the pairing result in the same easy "Select a program preset on the Fractal MFC-101 midi foot controller, set the desired loop states on the Effect Gizmo (EG), press the 'write' button on the EG and shazam -- izzy is happy" scenario as the EG + Mastermind pairing would achieve?

Of course I'd rather go with the Mastermind GT (MMGT) but I want to put together a system now and the delivery date of the MMGT is an unknown quantity.

Thanks for any info(s).

/izzy

Re: Will the Effect Gizmo plug and play nice with the MFC-10

It probably won't be completely plug and play, but I know there are a lot of people out there that are using the two together.

The first question I have for you is: are you going to be using the MFC's buttons as instant access buttons to control the Effect Gizmo's loops? That'll determine how you go about setting it up.

Thanks for the speedy response.

Ideally I wanted to use buttons 1 - 10 as presets, the balance IA. I had presumed presets would be EZ (per the originally description above) but IA wouldn't, that is, the latter would have to be individually configured via the MFC-101, one button at a time.

If it turned out IA set up is a total pain I'd go 100% presets.

Thanks.

/izzy

It's not too bad either way, takes about 10 minutes to get it set up.

You need to configure each IA to send a CC message on MIDI channel 1 (or whatever channel the Effect Gizmo is set to if you changed the default setting). The CC number should be set to 80 for the switch that controls loop 1, 81 for loop 2, etc. Values should be 127 for on and 0 for off.

Once you do that, verify that pressing each IA button controls the respective loop.

Now that that's working, you don't do any programming from the Effect Gizmo panel - when using IAs, it needs to be done on the MFC instead. To store switch state to a preset, select the preset on the MFC, then turn on the desired loops using the IA buttons, then press the Edit / Save button on the MFC. After that, it'll remember the state of the switches and will set them each time you recall that preset. You can do this for as many presets as you'd like.

Sounds EZ enough -- Should -- I'm a programmer (of several decades); lol.

Does make me wish the MMGT was available -- the plug & inter-play between the RJM hardware does make for significantly quicker "on the fly" re-programming.

Thanks for the info RJM.

/izzy

Back