Wiring 2 Effect Gizmos

Gordon

Hi. For my next big rig build, I'm very seriously considering finally moving my pedals off the floor and into a rack system, bidding fond farewell to my PBC10 and expanding to a GT22. In order to run everything in its own loop, I'm going to need two Effect Gizmos. My questions are, 1.) how do I properly wire the two Gizmos in series so that loop 1 in the second unit is treated as loop 13, and, 2.) how do I run patch cables so that the buffer in the first Gizmo comes after loop 1 (fuzz) and the second Gizmo works as an output buffer at the end of the signal path? Do I sacrifice loops by moving the buffers around? Thanks!

Chaining the two is as simple as connecting the output of the last loop on the first one to the input of the next one.

To put a buffer right after the first loop, you'll have to use loop 2 for that. Connect Loop 2 send to Buf In, and Loop 2 return to buf out.

If you want the second Gizmo's buffer at the end, just connect Out 12 to Buf In and Buf Out to your amp.

So no wiring of midi cables to connect the two Gizmos then? In the editor software, for example, I would program commands to loop 1 of Gizmo 2, not "loop 13," correct?

Does my midi switcher connect to MIDI In of Gizmo 2, Gizmo 1 or either?

To utilize the Click Stopper circuit(s), would I go Out 12/NO -> CS In -> CS Out of Gizmo 1 to Input 1-4 of Gizmo 2? Then, at the end of Gizmo 2, go Out 12/NO -> CS In -> CS Out -> Buffer In -> Buffer Out to amp? Or, would I put the Gizmo 2 click stopper after the output buffer and out to my amp from CS Out? Also, is using both click stopper circuits advisable?

Thank you, all of this is very helpful!!

Sorry, I only listed the audio connections. You need to connect a MIDI controller to the MIDI input of one unit, and a MIDI cable from the MIDI Out/Thru of that unit to the MIDI input of the other unit. It doesn't matter which one is first.

That arrangement is fine. It's a bit redundant, because the Click Stopper is also a buffer. Having both a click stopper and buffer next to each other doesn't buy you anything. But otherwise, what you've listed makes sense. You do want to use both Click Stoppers, because each one will only handle the loops in its own Effect Gizmo.

I see. I didn't realize the CS is also a buffer. So, it probably makes more sense to bypass the input buffer of Gizmo 2 altogether since it will be seeing the CS of Gizmo 1 right before it. I just want to make sure the overall signal chain is seeing a buffer at the beginning (post fuzz) and at the end, without overdoing it. Thank you!

Are the Click Stopper buffer specs the same as the dedicated buffer's? What are the input/output impedances?

Back