WISH: Is there a way to reset the saved IA states in all presets?

Alexander

Hi Ron,

Occasionally I have an IA switch that doesn't work like I want it to (takes two presses to activate for ex.), until I set its state and then use IA Store.

1. I don't understand why this sometimes happens with switches which do not have "update on preset change" (or any other "special" function) enabled.

2. Is there a way to "undo" all preset pages from the info saved by using IA Store, while keeping everything else intact?

If it needs two presses, then the GT's button is out of sync with whatever it's controlling. Whether Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change help or hurt the situation depends on how the device you're controlling behaves.

Let's say you have a device that has effect blocks, and you have an IA button that controls a delay block. That IA button has Update on Preset Change turned off, and the Delay IA button is currently off. You switch presets, causing the effect processor to switch to a preset that has the delay block turned on. But, the Delay IA button stays off (with Update on Preset Change Turned off, it never changes unless you actually press it). So you press the Delay IA button, it tells the delay block to turn on which has no effect - the delay block is already on. But, now the button and effect block are in sync - they both think that the delay effect is on. The next time you press the button, the IA button turns off and tells the delay block to turn off.

So, in this case, the answer would be to turn Update on Preset Change on and use IA Store to save the desired delay IA state to match the delay block state in each preset so that they always start up in sync with each other.

You can go one step further and turn on Send on Preset Change. This will make the GT send a CC to control the delay block each time you switch presets. Then, it doesn't matter what state the effect block is in when a preset is loaded, the GT will send a CC to tell the device what state the effect block should be in.

I hope this all makes sense - if you have other questions, or if you have a specific example that you'd like me to look at, please let me know!

Oh, and currently there's no way to zero out IA states, but that's a very good idea...

Thanks Ron, for responding.
In this case I'm using the Axe-Fx. That device sends its information to the GT.
So if the GT knows the effect's state, how can an effect be out of sync?

That's a very good question. It shouldn't get out of sync in that case. But, a button that doesn't have Update on Preset Change turned on should also not be able to store its state at all. Might be a bug, can you send me your settings?

Of course, it's attached.

It happened today with the secondary "HOLD" function of the (global) "Delay" switch, that's switch #17 when counting from bottom left. It doesn't have "Update" enabled.

It didn't sync in the first preset of the first bank. The attached file probably was saved after using IA Store to correct that.
I can also send a file from yesterday, when it still behaved out of sync (in the first preset only).

Thanks for helping.

Attachments

• 12-2.rjs
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
I've been unable to reproduce this so far. Can you get it to happen reliably, or is it more random?

The fact that IA Store works on a button that has Update on Preset Change turned off is definitely a bug in itself. I'll investigate that.

The fact that IA Store works on a button that has Update on Preset Change turned off is definitely a bug in itself. I'll investigate that.

Hi Ron,

The bug above has been fixed some time ago.

I discovered today that this bug still exists with buttons which have "Update on Preset Change" enabled on the HOLD function.

I have to use IA Store to store the button's HOLD setting, while "Update on Preset Change" and "Send On Preset Change are both enabled for the HOLD function.

Hi Ron,

I discovered today that this bug still exists with buttons which have "Update on Preset Change" enabled on the HOLD function.

I have to use IA Store to store the button's HOLD setting, while "Update on Preset Change" and "Send On Preset Change are both enabled for the HOLD function.

Ok, I'll look into it...

Hi Ron,

Can you send me your current settings? I'm finally looking into this and can't reproduce it.

Hi Ron,

Sorry Ron, I think I got it all wrong.

A switch that has Send/Update On Preset Change enabled, should have its state stored when using IA Store.
And that's how it works now, so it's all alright.

Sorry for the confusion.

Back