Wish: Song actions - similar to Preset actions

Mr.E

If one preset per song isn't possible perhaps this then.
Sometimes you'll want to use the same preset for different songs but you'll want to send some song specific commands.
You can send tempo but perhaps you'd want to send some other CC's.
I used to do this with the Gordius for Harmonizer settings.

Seems like you could just copy over and make the song specific preset just as easily. I have a base sound I start with that has all of the always on stuff like amp settings and EQ, but then add on the specific things to a song section.

In an on the fly situation it would be difficult to remember the differences between the same presets on different songs, which can lead to audible errors. Since you can have up 750+ presets, there is no harm in being specific to the song instead of trying to share one preset across numerous songs.

You don't have to remember anything.
I'll use the Axe-fx as an example.
If you select a preset on the axe-fx for a certain song, that preset contains a number of blocks.
The GT-preset you use to control the Axe-Fx preset has a layout that contains the buttons you need to control the preset on your device (Axe-Fx f.e.)
The song specific commands should be on the song page:
- Tempo
- Specific Midi commands to set certain parameters - like the ones I use for setting the harmonizer
- Pedal overrides

The Axe-Fx - GT relationship as one-to-one
A song - preset relationship is many-to-one
That's actually how the GT is conceived.
I now use a one-preset-per-song setup.
But if I were to change a preset on my Axe-fx (add a block f.e.), I would have to change all the presets in the GT that use that preset on the axe-fx.

With my suggestion, I would only have to change one preset on the GT.

While there are work arounds, implementing this would be much more organized for those of us that use rigs with amps, effects units and loop switchers. I would love to see this implemented.

Back