Recent content by J Logan

1. J

Chase Bliss TRS midi with just a cable

so I figured out the issue, I forgot I was using the midi input as output, once I swapped to the original output the cable worked fine. Thanks for the troubleshooting response.
  2. J

Chase Bliss TRS midi with just a cable

is a box/converter needed or can I just use a cable like the one from disaster area. https://www.disasterareadesigns.com/shop/p/5p-cba-pro-midi-cable I only have 1 chase bliss pedal I want to control. I have this cable but I currently can't get PC messages to be received, wonder if it's a non...
  3. J

HX Stomp Stereo Loop Phase Issues

So I tested again tonight and oddly enough the issue seems to be gone. Maybe a restart of the hx was all that was needed. Before when I pulled the right input out the issue would change, now there is no difference. I did confirm the hx loop is in series. my wiring is stereo into loop 7...
  4. J

Hmm good question, I had my flint in that loop before which I was pretty sure was in series, since it was just trem and verb but its worth double checking. I do run my bigsky and timeline in parallel.
  5. J

Timeline Decimal Point BPM Issue

Last I checked the timeline wont do decimal point tempos via midi clock (unless there has been an update I missed), just whole numbers. You could probably work around this by using the auto tap macro and a function jack. you will need to use an additional cable to your timeline. Its definitely...
  6. J

Hi, I apologize if this is a simple answer but I cant seem to find it. I was running my PBC10 with a timeline, bigsky, flint and nuenaber expanse all in stereo in loops 7-10. When I wanted to play mono I would hit the mono/stereo switch on the pbc (output option) and only plug in to one output...
  7. J

Mastermind and timeline tempos not syncing

That is great news, I am very excited about being able to use nixie again on my strymons. Another bug I found ( that you may be aware of ) while using the mastermind is on my bigsky. If I tried to use the kill dry and run it in parallel, it kept getting reset on preset changes. I had to back...
  8. J

Mastermind controlling neunaber and chase bliss

So I just updated my RJM mastermind based pedalboard with the new disaster area NNB (allows you to change neunaber expanse with midi) and a chase bliss brothers. I made a video that I was intending to be short, 12 minutes later, I was finished. If anyone is curious about using midi to control...
  9. J

Using the midi in port as an output

ok, so pin 2 (ground) stays the same and ill just flip the other 4 cables as you recommended. Then all I need to do is select midi out as the port for the device correct?
  10. J

Using the midi in port as an output

So the manual indicates the midi in can be repurposed as an midi out. I would like to utilize this as it will keep me from having to reroute all my current midi cables. I selected midi out on the device setup tab for the midi port but that doesn't seem to work. Is there any additional options or...
  11. J

Alphabetic Sort

+1 this would very useful. I'm for anything to help me manage my preset/song librarys. I think it would be cool If the setlists, songs and presets were on the same page in the editor with a hierarchical relationship. Even some simple way to see my songs and preset relationship (like in...
  12. J

Here is the instructions, I cant upload the .syx file but if you PM me your email I can forward it to you. You can also get it from strymon. This is a known issue with nixie they are aware of it.
  13. J

Rolled back my timeline to pre nixie firmware and my problems are solved!
  14. J

well scratch that it depends on the tempo, the higher the number the greater the difference. Works the same if I tap the tempo into the PBC vs the preset. Also the timeline tempo led has an odd double flash to it as well.
  15. J

The timeline is exactly 23 bpm faster than the PBC settings, I guess as a work around I could subtract 23bpm from my presets
Back