Search results

1. D

SP1-RJM with Mastermind PBC and Axe FX III

Ok, I'll do some experimenting - thanks!
  2. D

OK, I got it sorted out. Looks like the PBC had a default CC of 7 for the expression pedal - I was using CC 11 as per the guide. It can be changed in either the PBC or the Axe FX so it was just a matter of matching it up on one or the other. However, I have a few other questions regarding the...
  3. D

Hello, I recently picked up an Axe FX III and have it successfully connected and working with my Mastermind PBC. However, I'm having issues getting my SP1-RJM expression pedal working. I don't know if this is a PBC or Axe FX III config issue so I'm reaching out here for help.. I followed...
  4. D

Stereo Amps - Stereo Loop volume boost

That was it Diezel! I set the GLOBALS to kill DRY on the Strymon pedals and balance returned to my life. :) Thanks so much, Derek
  5. D

Stereo Amps - Stereo Loop volume boost

I'm still struggling with my stereo setup. I was running everything to the front of both of my amps and it all worked perfectly. In fact I loved the blend of the two amp tones together. But since the only pedals I really use are stereo Reverb/Delay/Chorus I want to get them in the FX loop to...
  6. D

A few questions about Ground Loop hum..

Thanks very much, I really appreciate the detailed explanation. I was originally thinking I'd prefer something mounted on the pedalboard itself but as I don't want to affect tone I will try out the Hum-X for the bass amp. Most importantly - I always had the Iso B switch engaged in the past so...
  7. D

A few questions about Ground Loop hum..

Hello, wondering if I could get some input on something. I've been running two guitar amps in stereo - a Mesa Mark V and a Marshall DSL100, and I also send some pedals to a Bass amp to get those lower frequencies. As I'm in a 2 piece band - (just me and a drummer) I like to have a big guitar...
  8. D

Mesa Mark V MIDI cable to Mesa Triple Crown 100

Ah ok I understand. I was looking at the image of the cable and assumed the black box attached to it was doing the MIDI translation. Didn't realize it was just a cable and it also requires the Mini Amp Gizmo. Makes sense now - thanks for the fast response!
  9. D

Mesa Mark V MIDI cable to Mesa Triple Crown 100

I'm looking to finally replace my Marshall DSL100 with a Mesa Triple Crown. I run dual amps in stereo, and plan on stacking a Mark V on top of the Mesa TC100. I'd like to have one interface cable running to the PBC to handle channel switching, SOLO etc. on both amps. So my question is, can I...
  10. D

Alternate stereo loops before preamp and effects loop

I actually tried running preamps through the loops before. Someone else I was talking to does this. They run both preamps into loops, and they said it’s great because they can swap between preamps of either amp. Something like this: Loop1 send-> Amp A input Amp A Effects Send -> Loop1 return...
  11. D

Hey AndrewL, I just saw this now.. thanks very much for the input! Let me grab a coffee and read through your post. I'll do some reading on the Y-Not - if it's MIDI capable that could be very useful.
  12. D

I have my stereo loops loaded up with some Strymon pedals and plan on adding a TC Mimiq as well. Delay is currently in loop 8. I don’t run a lot of pedals in loops 1-6 as I prefer amp distortion, but I do have a Micro POG, Big Muff and an overdrive pedal in loops 1-3 at the moment. I have two...
  13. D

I still haven't finished wiring up my pedalboard because I'm having way too much fun experimenting with the PBC, different amps, pedals, etc.. I'm not sure how to finish it off because I'm trying to find the optimal way of moving my stereo delay from before the preamp into the effects loop. I...
  14. D

Mesa Boogie Mark V - Effect loop disengages when using Func SW

Apologies. This had nothing to do with the Mastermind PBC, it was my own stupidity. There's a loop select dial on the back of the Mark V that I wasn't aware of. I should spend more time studying the back of this amp rather than only the front! :) All the best, Derek.
  15. D

Mesa Boogie Mark V - Effect loop disengages when using Func SW

Hey all, I've been running all my effects before the preamp of my Mark V for quite some time. Thought I'd try out the effect loop instead to see what I prefer. Everything was routed correctly, I set the loop to active on the amp and made sure the send level was turned up but the pedals in the...
  16. D

EXPRESSION PEDALS

Hey, how did you manage to get the SP1-RJM to act as a volume pedal? Is this something specific to a MIDI pedal you are using?
  17. D

RJM-SP1 as volume pedal

Hey Shoelesscraig - Thanks for your reponse! I run several Strymon pedals w/ MIDI and rarely need them all on at once so maybe I could occasionally use one of those pedals as a volume control with the RJM-SP1. I'd have to look into it to see if any of them have an output level setting...
  18. D

RJM-SP1 as volume pedal

Hello, I just ordered myself a RJM-SP1 expression pedal to go with my Mastermind PBC. Looking forward to setting it up to work with my MIDI enabled pedals! Quick question - can this expression pedal also be programmed to act as a volume pedal and if so how can this be done?
  19. D

Delay in audio when toggling Output B/Right

That was it! Thanks so much. Derek.
  20. D

Delay in audio when toggling Output B/Right

I have a stereo setup and have been noticing a delay when toggling Output B. When I toggle Output A on/off the response is immediate. When I toggle Output B on/off there's a noticeable delay in signal. In an effort to rule out the cable and amp I swapped output cables between A and B to see...
Back