Editor transfer

plexi2

When transferring settings into the editor the graphics are mostly missing.
When going in the opposite direction the settings,even if it is a minor change cause the pbc to freeze usually on preset one and a few led's to be lit up.
Windows 10
Firmware 2.14
Editor 2.xx

Can I get a screenshot of the editor with the missing graphics? Also, can I get a copy of your PBC settings file?

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem here on my Windows 10 system. I recommend trying a different USB cable, and if you're connecting through a USB hub, instead connect the PBC directly to the PC. Let me know if that helps.

I don't know if the two problems you mention are related, but one test that would help determine that is to use a flash drive to transfer settings from the PBC to PC, and see if the button titles come out ok.

this pbc settings file was saved to a flash drive from the pbc
this screenshot was read into the editor without a hub
Ron what do you observe when you open "my" pbc settings file into your windows 10 editor?

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    87.5 KB · Views: 5
  • pbc.rjs
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
I opened your settings on two Windows 10 systems and the button titles came out looking correct.Transferring in both directions repeatedly worked as well.

Did you try reading the settings from the flash drive into the editor? I just wanted to see if skipping the USB cable transfer helped.

I opened your settings on two Windows 10 systems and the button titles came out looking correct.Transferring in both directions repeatedly worked as well.

Did you try reading the settings from the flash drive into the editor? I just wanted to see if skipping the USB cable transfer helped.
I opened my pbc settings file from the flash drive in the editor and the and the graphics were still broken.

Ok, it's not USB, but it must be some incompatibility with your system. I will try to load your settings on some other Windows 10 systems and see if I can duplicate it.

Also, I see that you're not using the latest version of the editor - please update to 2.1.3. I don't remember specifically fixing any display bugs, but it's best to try the latest anyway.

What does the screen look like when you double click on one of the buttons in the buttons page?

I will update to editor 2.13
When I update is it best to first uninstall (the out of date editor) with the windows application?

Normally, I'd say that you could just install the new version and it would take care of the old one. But, because some weird things are going on, uninstalling the old editor first is probably a good idea.

Back