Expression pedal acting weird

JNPMusic

I have an expression pedal (Dunlop Mini X) hooked up to the PBC and controlling a BigSky and Timeline. I calibrated the pedal and all things are working. Then all of a sudden I look down at my BigSky and notice the effects parameter jumping around. Plugged in the guitar and played a bit and whatever the expression pedal is controlling say Mix on both pedals it's jumping around. Re-calibrated the pedal and when it gets to the toe position sometimes it goes full (say 10) and other times it won't go all the way over, just jumps around. I plugged the expression pedal directly into the BigSky and it works perfectly. When I get it to calibrate fully it sometimes falls short of 10 on the BigSky. (The BigSky displays the value as you move the expression pedal).

Seems like when it's sitting idle something is sending a signal, causing it to jump around.

The PBC uses the opposite polarity compared to the BigSky - you'll need to open up the Mini X and flip the polarity switch inside.

I did that a few weeks ago and it works properly. For the most part the pedal works the way it's supposed to, just that when it sit's idle it kind of flickers a signal to the TL/BS changing the parameters without touching the expression pedal.

See if the PBC does that with the expression pedal and cable unplugged. If not, then it's probably a pedal or cable issue. If you had a different pedal, that would be an even better test.

Back