Fuzz not reacting as If first in chain

Talesmusic

Hi, I have two fuzzes in my setup in loops 2 and 4, and I have the first input buffer turned off for those, but they sound noticeably different If I switch them on (without any other loops) than when I put them before the PBC10. I was under the impression that fuzz would sound as they are supposed to do If I put them in a loop in the PBC10. Is there maybe something I overlooked?

Especially the cleanup is very different. When I have my volume rolled back to 6, the sound Is totally clean, but when I do the same with the fuzz in a loop of the PBC10, it is still pretty gainy. The screen also shows that the input buffer is off so I don't get that the PBC10 still interferes with the sound. I was under the impression that the PBC was totally transparent

Last edited:
Hmm, the PBC10 loops are just relays, so they really can't affect the sound in any meaningful way. Is there anything in between the PBC and guitar?

A good test would be guitar into In 5-6, fuzz in loop 5, then Out 5-6 to amp. This would put the fuzz in a loop, with no possibility of any buffer being stuck on or anything like that. If that doesn't sound right, something odd is going on.

Mmmm, something weird happened. I was playing around with Buffer 2 and 3 and when I put them back in the same configuration as I had before (buffer 1 off / buffer 2 & 3 on) suddenly the sound is like it should be.

It happens when I turn Buffer 1 on although I marked my loop 2 and 4 as 'fuzz' (The screen also shows that buffer 1 is disabled when I turn on my fuzz). What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• 1. Fuzz sounds good.png
    1. Fuzz sounds good.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2. Fuzz does not sound correct.png
    2. Fuzz does not sound correct.png
    40 KB · Views: 9
Buffer 1 is locked in the on position. Turn off the lock icon under buffer 1, that should do it.

Oops, sorry, I must have seen Buffer 2 locked and thought it was Buffer 1.

Do you have the latest firmware on your PBC? (5.1.0) I remember a bug in fuzz mode, but it was fixed quite a while ago.

Yes I am on the latest firmware

Edit: oh no actually I am not! I’m on 5.0.1! I will update

Last edited:
I thought that I was on 5.1.0, and now I know why. I just tried to update by using a flash drive. It seemed to install the firmware, but after a second, it boots up again, and it is still on 5.0.1 (The first time I did this, I was under the impression that I had updated the firmware), but apparently, it is not working. I also tried to update via the editor, but it does the same thing. What is the best thing to do?

Regarding the flash drive, make sure that there's only one firmware file on the drive. If there's more than one, it may take the wrong file.

Regarding the editor, what error message are you getting on the editor side?

It says ‘Update failed’

There is only one firmware on the flash drive

Attachments

• IMG_1729.jpeg
    IMG_1729.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
I can transfer settings between editor and Mastermind with no problems

Attachments

• MM510.rjf
    586 KB · Views: 1
My best guess is that there's a hardware issue. I've never seen these specific symptoms before, so it's only a guess. Where are you located and when and where did you buy this LT?

Oh no :( I really hoped that would not be the case. I’m located in the Netherlands. I bought the PBC10 from Pedaltown.nl in May of 2023

Back