Fuzz not reacting as If first in chain

One other thing to try - power up the PBC while holding 1 and 3. This will boot it up directly into the bootloader. Then insert the flash drive. See if that helps.

Okay, I am on 5.1.0 now but strangely the original problem is still there. The screen shows that Buffer 1 is off when I am selecting my fuzz, but my fuzz doesn't clean up well. When I just disengage buffer 1 (which will be my temporary solution for now) it cleans up like it should. Don't know what's happening there

The input buffer is located after loop 4 right? The fuzz pedal in question is a Kingtone minifuzz v2. I don’t know if the pedal matters to reproduce the problem

Could you maybe have a look at my file and check what I am doing wrong?

Attachments

• 2023_11_21.rjs
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
I'm afraid that this doesn't work. I started with a new, clean setup with the editor, which still does not sound the same as when I turn the buffer off. The display shows that buffer 1 is off, but my fuzz does not act the same. Could somebody try this with a Germanium fuzz?

Can you try this? Guitar into In 5-6, fuzz in loop 5, Out 5-6 to amp. See if that sounds like it's supposed to.

Ok, I'm guessing that the relay that controls the buffer isn't switching off. This is probably something that requires repair. If you have a voltmeter available, we can do one more test to confirm - one that doesn't require opening it up. But, I'd bet it is the relay. Where are you located, and where and when did you buy it?

Well, because of this problem I found out that my unit couldn't update. I already received a brand new unit, and I still have this buffer problem, so it is probably unlikely that I've had two units in a row with a faulty relay. By the way...I changed my fuzz from loop 4 to loop 3 this morning, and I still have the same issue. Every button has its dedicated relay, right?.

Well, because of this problem I found out that my unit couldn't update. I already received a brand new unit, and I still have this buffer problem, so it is probably unlikely that I've had two units in a row with a faulty relay. By the way...I changed my fuzz from loop 4 to loop 3 this morning, and I still have the same issue. Every button has its dedicated relay, right?.
Every loop has its own relay, and the buffer has a relay. The buffer relay would affect the fuzz, no matter what loop it's in, except in the case where the guitar signal comes in after the buffer (which is why I had you connect the guitar to In 5-6 for one test)

If it's happened with more than one PBC, then it's far less likely to be a hardware issue. I'll try to set up a PBC here with your settings and see if I can reproduce the problem.

I have a hold function to turn on the tuner while maintaining signal. For that to work I had to assign an action to turn on buffer 1 and that works so that does prove that the relay is working right?

Back