Issue with PBC sending wrong reverb times to BigSky...

I have 3 MIDI pedals in order >H9>TimeFactor>BigSky, so there may be some merit there, since it's last in the MIDI chain. Still weird that the problem started with the firmware update on the PBC.

I'm going to order a MIDI interface so I can start using the Strymon Librarian anyway, so I'll check that when it comes in.

Okay, tonight at rehearsal, a new issue popped up... predelay on my reverb patches that's not programmed. But pretty sure the issue is the BigSky. I isolated it by going MIDI directly out of the PBC and into the BigSky and the issues continued. When I unplugged the MIDI cable from the BigSky, the max decay times went away, but the predelay continued. I can set predelay to zero, verify it's at zero, hit save, and it comes back. Argh!

Ron, I've solved all but one of the issues, but it's definitely the BigSky and not the PBC that's the issue. For some reason, the BigSky started to not like "Send CCs on preset change" that I've had selected for months now. The other issue with the predelay, was due to midiCL being turned on the pedal (a friend was over and we were tweaking some presets, and I guess this got turned on by mistake). The last remaining issue is that the reverb mix changes sometimes when it shouldn't. I'll be taking it in for service this week.

Thanks for all your help, and sorry it ended up being a waste of time. Just weird coincidence that it started acting up with the PBC firmware change.

Back