LT Mastermind loops not working properly

RobertB

Hello, just new to the RJM Mastermind world! I've bought an LT switcher two weeks ago and have been learning to programme it. Use to have a Liquid Foot + but needed to look for an alternative as the editor became useless. So the LT is now on the same pedalboard using 2 G-lab M4L loopers for the normal pedals (fuzz, drives, distortion, Pog, Ikon and EP boosters) and after that through midi going into MD-500 boss, Timeline and H9. So the question is that, after creating presets that I use in songs mode, from time to time, maybe 2 out of 10 times, randomly some of the pedals in the loopers will not turn on or off (I mean the looper doesn't turn on or off), sometimes maybe the overdrive does not go through, or the booster, or the distortion on a previous preset doesn't turn off when a change to a clean preset, etc. I need to jump to another preset press back again and then it comes to turn on or off. I have been checking in the IA's pages (as I have 8 loops I have them in two different pages) that send on preset change, update on preset change and IA link are activated but it has not solved the issue. Also I can see that the problem only affects, as I said randomly and only a few times, to effects that are connected through any of the 2 loopers as I have not experienced any problems with the MD-500, Timeline or H9 switching on and off. If the problem comes from the loopers I am happy to update with a Gizmo but I don't want to take the risk to invest more money if that doesn't solve the problem, as I said at the beginning I use to have a Liquid Foot + and never, in the same pedalboard, experienced this strange behaviour that is quite annoying when you are playing live. Could somebody give me some support or clue if I am doing something wrong or maybe someone has gone through the same situation and could share some advice. Thank you in advance and sorry for this long story!

It's hard to say without seeing your settings. However, a very common issue is caused by the settings Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change. In short, these allow you to program an IA button to turn on or off automatically when you change presets, causing the button to send its messages as if it had been pressed. This is a powerful feature, but it's one that can cause all sorts of unexpected behavior if it's turned on unintentionally.

Have a look through your buttons, and make sure that none have Send on Preset Change checked unless you really intended them to have that feature enabled.

More details on these settings can be found in episode 8 of this series:

It's hard to say without seeing your settings. However, a very common issue is caused by the settings Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change. In short, these allow you to program an IA button to turn on or off automatically when you change presets, causing the button to send its messages as if it had been pressed. This is a powerful feature, but it's one that can cause all sorts of unexpected behavior if it's turned on unintentionally.

Have a look through your buttons, and make sure that none have Send on Preset Change checked unless you really intended them to have that feature enabled.

More details on these settings can be found in episode 8 of this series:
Thank you so much! Anyhow I thought that if I want to change on or off IA depending on what I want to have on or off per Preset I should have checked Send on Preset Change and Update, am I wrong?

Thank you so much! Anyhow I thought that if I want to change on or off IA depending on what I want to have on or off per Preset I should have checked Send on Preset Change and Update, am I wrong?
Yes, for sure, if you intentionally want that to happen, then it's ok. Just make sure that you don't have multiple buttons sending conflicting messages, that's usually where problems originate from.

Could you be so kind to check my settings and see if I've done anything wrong?

Attachments

• Mastermind LT Global Settings.png
    Mastermind LT Global Settings.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • Mastermind LT Devices Settings.png
    Mastermind LT Devices Settings.png
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Mastermind LT Buttons Settings 01.png
    Mastermind LT Buttons Settings 01.png
    879.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Mastermind LT Buttons Settings 02.png
    Mastermind LT Buttons Settings 02.png
    857.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Mastermind LT Buttons Settings 03.png
    Mastermind LT Buttons Settings 03.png
    836.2 KB · Views: 1
Should I include in the settings of each preset an action to switch on/off the pedals in the loops via cc messages in addition to activate/deactivate them as AI's in the buttons tab?

Attachments

• Mastermind LT Buttons Settings 04.png
    Mastermind LT Buttons Settings 04.png
    859.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Mastermind LT Buttons Settings 05.png
    Mastermind LT Buttons Settings 05.png
    848.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Mastermind LT Presets Settings 01.png
    Mastermind LT Presets Settings 01.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Mastermind LT Presets Settings 02.png
    Mastermind LT Presets Settings 02.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Mastermind LT Midi Settings.png
    Mastermind LT Midi Settings.png
    865.4 KB · Views: 1
If you're using programmed IA buttons to send messages, don't send messages with the same CC number from the presets. That would likely result in a conflict.

Back