MASTERMIND PBC FIRMWARE 2.0 Beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The random page 2 issues seem to be gone and Tap Tempo, is 1000X's better!

May have found another bug though... whenever I hold down "bank up" to scroll to the last song in my setlist, the PBC locks up. The first time it locked up on preset 1 for that song, the 2nd time it locked up when I selected preset 2, but instead of getting preset 2, it went to my global preset and locked up. Both times I had to power it off and back on to regain responsiveness.

I had a look at your settings - you have the global preset calling up a local button page, and that page is empty. If you populate that button page, or change it to call up a page that has something on it, you should be ok. I will look into the bank up and down thing, but it may be the same issue (switching to an empty page).

Ron,
Super excited about this update! Thank you!

First question... I've loaded the new editor on my MAC, and loaded the new firmware into the PBC. Tap Tempo is much more accurate! Excellent! My question is, when I select a preset with the new firmware, 99% of them are automatically switching to the loops page (page 2) instead of staying on the preset select page. I've tried it with "auto page" off and on, and have tried to force some presets to stay on page one by changing the "show page" to page 1 in the preset editor, but nothing seems to work to keep it on page 1.

Second question... I see in the editor where to set tempo at the song level, but don't see a place to set tempo at the song level on the PBC? The ability to set it at the song level in the PBC is critical for live use.

Overall, with just 10 mins in it, it looks like a great update!

Hi Ron,

Helder here, Nice work on the update! Still working through some of the bugs though..

Thought my feedback can help out.
I'm having the same issue with the pages not assigning to what I indicate as mentioned above.

More to come!
Best,
H.

Hi Ron,

Also having issues with setting my external switches. I have a Boss fs-6 that I was trying to program to call up specific pages.
I'm only able to get one of the pedals to work. Has anyone else mentioned any problems getting the external switches working?
not sure if its a bug or my pedal.

Hi Ron,

I messed around for quite a while trying to create a button page for my Strymon timeline Looper functions on my PBC.

I tried a bunch of different setups.. I came close to having the functionality I was looking for
but the play button that I created was sending a hiccup note every time it was pressed. And everytime I tried to solve it
I moved further away from my desired results..

I still have not figured out what all the editor IA settings features do per button so it may take me a while to iron
this all out.

Just wondering if you have a looper template that works well that you can post here, (screen grabs of button configurations perhaps)

I'm sure other people will find it helpful as well.

Also Is there a manual for the editor yet? I would definitely benefit from some more available information.

I don't really understand the macros page yet either.. maybe some more video examples if possible?

sorry, I'm throwing a lot at you.

Best,
H.

The same problem here!!!! Everything downloaded fine.... transferred my settings to the PBC -everything ok -except the external switch on the mission exp. pedal does not work ( can´t get it to do anything.) Otherwise it works just like before. But after unplugging the PBC power and plugging it back in it just goes bonkers!
First preset is fine , changing to another preset puts it in loopmode (I/A page) and then It´s like that on every preset...

Update: Now, it does it without unplugging.it works until I go to the switches page...returning from that every preset goes to the loop page ( I/A page)

Just mad!

Rebooted the vers 2.0 Editor and Firmware but still the same......

Having exactly the same issues.. No external switch and the unstable button page allocation.

Almost perfect.
When I have my external switch plugged in ( thats pedal a>programmed for button page 4 and pedal b> programmed to page up )
my presets are loading up with my button page 4 pre selected, when its set to page 1.
I'm also having issues with exterior function switches scrolling through the set up menu uncontrollably.
everything is stable if I unplug my exterior function switches.

Anyone having these issues? did I make a mistake setting up the function switches?
Does it matter it they are latching or momentary?

Best,
H.

External function switches need to be momentary in order to function correctly. Using latching switches could be the cause of the issues you're seeing.

There is a not-quite-finished manual for the editor here:
http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki/index.php?title=GT/PBC_Editor_Manual[/QUOTE

I got the manual, thanks!

I looked into my settings for the external function switches. And I did indeed have them set to momentary. so, I still
don't know what the issue is.
the only IA setting I have selected is the mementary one (everything else is unchecked)

The problem is still happening.
When I enter set up mode with my external switch plugged in, as soon as I move up or down in the list the system locks up
and quickly moves through the set up menu as if I'm holding the button down. I have to unplug the unit to stop the behaviour.
It's also causing my presets to load up with incorrect button pages when changing presets.

Thanks.
H.

I had a look at your settings - you have the global preset calling up a local button page, and that page is empty. If you populate that button page, or change it to call up a page that has something on it, you should be ok. I will look into the bank up and down thing, but it may be the same issue (switching to an empty page).

Hi Ron,
This fixed the lock up on Global Preset, but it's still locking up when I fast-scroll to the last song in the setlist.

Thanks,
Bill

Just posted 2.0B3 that hopefully fixes the remaining page change issues. Also lengthens the tempo flash length again, and fixes the lockup that happened when you hold a bank button and scroll off the end of the song list.

Thanks for the beta testing, and for your patience as I get the bugs sorted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back